Chapter 59: The Strongest Dragon Slayer

Erza POV

              I watch completely stunned at the might of the enormous white and gold Dragon. It had both of its enormous paws grips around Acnologia, slamming him into the seabed. The Black Dragon unleashes a mighty roar that rips into the chin of the other. I couldn't make out any trace of M/n within the dragon... So I could only assume... This was the all mighty Dragon God Etherion... He falls back into the sea as Acnologia uses the opportunity and pounces, slashing away at the Dragon God. Only for a huge gold fist to slam him away. Etherion rises from the sea, his eyes now ablaze in a golden fury. He let's out another eardrum bursting roar, only this time, a magic circle so large it stretched over the horizon in every which way... You couldn't see it even coming close to an end... A golden roar that made even M/n's brilliant displays of power pale in comparison... it rips towards Acnologia, and doesn't stop when it hits him, instead it rips through him, engulfing him within the wrath of the golden tube of energy stretching past the edge of the sea... I get blown through 2 homes from the shockwave of the blast. Having to sink a sword into the ground to withstand the shockwave of power. As it calms, and everything becomes eerily quiet, I reach the edge of the cliff once more... and see the enormous mighty dragon fading away into dust. Enormous deep gashes coating his body.

              'I leave the rest to you, my son...' I hear in my head as he continues to disintegrate into a beautiful golden dust. 'The others will know not of our conversation here Erza... This will be my last act as the previous Dragon God... I used every last essence of power within my son to defeat Acnologia's physical form.'

              "W-what? What are you talking about? Why won't the others know? Why was this your last act?" I hear a light chuckle in response.

              'I will no longer be able to guide F/n through the remainder of his life... With the profound amount of power he wields... It can cloud his mind, make him rash and think with his emotions. Someone with his level of power... His mind can't be overrun by such trivial things... You're the one he seemed to lean on the most, when he was struggling with how to cope with his fear and anxiety of the future.' Now it's my turn to laugh.

              "M/n... anxious and fearful? He claims to be, but I know he never is when the time comes." I say proudly, looking out towards the enormous Dragon.

              'No... He goes into every battle with anxiety and fear, of what he could lose if he fails. He lets his mind run wild and every negative scenario comes to the forefront of every thought. I know because I see his mind run rampant every night with these thoughts. He confided in so few over hundreds of years, but you, he nearly instantly went to, opening up more to you in a week than he would to me over centuries. I cannot ask you to forcibly fall in love with my son, or to spend every day at his side... But I beg of you to remain in his life, you ease his pain more than any being I've seen. Most of that pain caused by my sins and regrets in my life on this planet.' The all mighty God of Dragons turns to me, as his neck and chin begin to fade.

              "I swear to you with my life... I will be there for F/n whenever he needs me no matter if he thinks he does or not. And not because you told me to do so!" I watch in awe, as a shining tear runs down the face of Etherion. A smile forming as he does.

              'Thank you, Erza. That has made my final moment one of the happiest.' Tears sting my eyes as the last of him fades away, the golden dust clearing the storming clouds as it whisps away.

Gajeel POV

              M/n was bashing Acnologia in over and over, and finally, it seems like Acnologia had reached his barrier as well.