Chapter 24: Horace and Bora

Your POV

I wake up and close my eyes due to the brightness, I sit up, but immediately feel my body on fire in pain, then I feel sick to my stomach, I keel over and begin puking. Afterwards, when I wipe my face, I realize it was blood. Wait, where the hell am I? I lean up against a tree and look over, I see a very large man and a small woman sitting there looking at me. Wait... No Way...

You: "Y-you guys...?"

Man: "Hello, Captain." Oh my god, it was them.

You: "Horace?" The man nods. "And Bora?" The woman nods.

HORACE: Hippo Cross: Extreme Strength 6'8" 385 Pounds

Bora: Bird Cross: Healing/Flight 5'4" 110 Pounds

Horace: "You're lucky we were nearby and felt your power, otherwise you would have been done for." I nod and laugh, scratching the back of my head.

You: "Yea... My bad, I didn't really have a choice though, those people needed my help."

Horace: "Honestly Cap, you need to stop throwing your life around like that, it isn't safe." I wave it off and try to stretch out, but my body was having none of it.

You: "I'll be fine."

Bora: "You were in really bad shape when we found you, it's been 3 days now..." What?! 3 Days!

You: "Crap! I was out for that long?!" They both nod. "Wait, what about Erigor then?"

Bora: "Horace took care of him no problem."

Horace: "He is locked up in the towns prison right now, he won't be waking up for a few days still. I punched him pretty hard." I smile, I see Horace is still just as strong as before, maybe even stronger.

You: "So, what brought you two here? This isn't exactly a bustling town."

Horace: "Actually, we've been looking for you." Whoa, that tone of voice, I don't like it one bit. It sounded bad...

You: "Why? We agreed only to ever team up again unless absolutely necessary. People as strong as us shouldn't be united like that, we're too dangerous."

Bora: "We know... But, we thought you should know..." She says with a hoarse voice, she was trying not to cry...

You: "Horace? What Happened?" I asked him, beginning to get very serious now.

Horace: "While Bora and I were travelling, we stumbled upon a small town on a lake, but something wasn't right, I had been ravaged, the entire town, down to the smallest bit. Had been burnt and destroyed... Bodies were lying everywhere..." No... Don't tell me...

You: "What did you find Horace?" I ask, really not wanting to hear the answer.

Horace: "At the edge of the lake, we found her... Dila's body. It was not in very good condition either... Whoever did that to her... They deserve to die."

Dila: Crocodile Cross: Stealth/Subduing 5'8" 140 Pounds

You: "So, you don't know who did it?"

Horace: "Well, we found one thing that wasn't destroyed..." He holds out a folded piece of torn cloth. I grab and unfold it... Revealing a logo I had hoped I'd never see again.

You: "The Zentopia Church..." He nods and looks down. "Have you made contact with him yet?" He shakes his head, still looking downward. "Try to locate him, and once you do tell me his location. I'll be in the city of Magnolia if you need me." He nods and stands, along with Bora. "Do you mind if I keep this, I have a feeling it will come in handy."