Chapter 55: Neptune's Final Atonement

Erza POV

I stand frozen in horror as Acnologia turns to us after defiling Irene's corpse.

"I smell the stench of a Dragon... But, from something as small as you?" He says looking to Wendy. A sinister grin grows as I see a dark light growing within his hand.

Your POV

I push myself back up, and see I'm stuck back before the gate, although it had been completely closed.

"Great, so why the hell am I here?" I don't remember anything... D-did I manage to push Ankhseram out? O-or had I failed? W-was this where my soul was condemned too for my sins? No, it wouldn't make any sense, why was the gate to Etherion's power here then?

"Because your time has run out." I whip my head around, trying to find the source of the familiar echoing voice. "Acnologia has arrived, and he is currently standing before Jellal, Erza, and Wendy, he will kill them all." I see a white mist begin to roll in, and it begins forming the silhouette of a mighty white Dragon.

"Etherion..."

"Force the gate open! By any means necessary! I beg of you, my son! YOU MUST DEFEAT ACNOLOGIA!!" I turn back to the gate and walk up to it, extending both hands against the large door. I release all of my magic I have left at once, however the door refuses to budge. In my current condition, and without Ankhseram's power coursing through my body, I had to make up an immeasurable amount of magic power. I channel my power and force it even higher, ignoring the burning that had begun.

Erza POV

Jellal's Grand Chariot... H-he ate it?

"He ate my spell? What element does he wield?" Acnologia lets out a murderous laugh.

"Element? I am no weakling like the rest! I am the Apocalypse! I am despair and nothingness. I consume and desolate anything in my path! I am The Black Dragon King Acnologia!"

"I-I'm a Dragon Slayer..." I turn and see Wendy was using her Dragon Force. "It's up to me to stop him! I'm the only one here who can!" She charges the mighty Acnologia, who stands there laughing as she does.

"NO WENDY!!"

Your POV

I feel the large house sized door creak a couple of mere inches, just enough for me to see the crack of the blinding golden light behind it. However, it won't go any further, I didn't have the energy to push it open past here. And it was so heavy... I watch as the glow slowly begins to fade as the door creaks close. "No! Damnit!" I-I'm not strong enough... I-I'll fail again... T-they'll all die and I'll be grieving alone again... I continue to force myself well beyond my limits, draining myself. Then... I feel something run into me from behind, and I feel the door creak open a few inches, revealing the light behind it again. I turn and see orange and red fire in the form of a human, then, a large one made of a light turquoise and blue, and another of ice rams into the door as well. "W-what?" A large yellow golden form then appears alongside a Glowing Scarlet one. "W-what is going on? W-who are y-" Holy shit... I-it was them... "Why are you all here? How are you even here?" They all begin pushing the door with me. We manage to force it open little by little, but again it won't fully open for me. I could feel my energy begin rising rapidly however, the further the door opened the further my power rose. I begin to reach deep within myself, reaching the life energy within. It will take many years off my life, but I've lived lifetimes already... SO WHO CARES?!?! I let out an ear-piercing scream as I turn my life force energy into magical power. "I WON'T LET YOU TAKE THEM TOO!!!" I rear back and punch the door, sending it flying off its hinges, and get sent flying back myself. I recover and skid to a stop, and see the void filling with golden light, I keel over and puke, the power was instantly overwhelming. T-there was no end to it, an infinite source of magic...