Chapter 10: New Home/ Nightmares

1 Week Later

Lucy POV

I walk into the guild and see M/n, Cana, Macao, Wakaba, and Elfman playing poker. Great, does M/n know how good Cana is with cards? He's so screwed, I think to myself as I walk up to them.

Lucy: "Hey guys, who-" I stop mid-sentence when I see how much is on the table. "H-how many jewels is that?" I ask pointing to the table. M/n speaks but doesn't turn around.

You: "Roughly 500,000." I see Macao and Wakaba were already out. It was between Cana, M/n, and Elfman. "Check." Levy flips over the next card, king of hearts. That, along with a 2 of hearts, and a 5 and 6 of spades.

Elfman: "Check."

Cana: "Raise, 10,000."

You: "Call." Elfman follows suit and calls. Levy flips the last card, a 9 of hearts.

Cana: "Alright ladies, let's see'em." She says smirking confidently. Oh no, rest in peace M/n's funds for the next month. Elfman lays down his first. King of spades and clubs.

Elfman: "3 Of A Kind! That's A Real Man's Hand!" He says flexing.

Cana: "Sit down and watch." Then Cana throws down hers. 3 and 4 of clubs, she had a straight. Elfman sits down crying as Mira walks over to comfort him. Cana reaches for the pot, but stops when she sees M/n smirking. "What's so amusing bud? Can't believe you lost?" M/n then tosses his cards in. one of them lands upside down though. But the one that was face up, was a 7 of hearts. I could tell Cana was worrying, she reaches for the card, and the color drains from her face as she sees it. "A-A queen of hearts..."

You: "Flush, of hearts." He reaches in front of Cana for the pile of money in the middle and scoops it into a black backpack. "Thanks for the cash, bud." He smirks as Cana sits there dumbfounded, then walks away. "Like that Lu?"

Erza: "Rather impressive M/n." I turn around and see Erza standing right behind me.

Lucy: "Whoa! When did you get here?!"

Erza: "I've been here, M/n is a rather good cards player." He smiles and bows slightly to her.

You: "Why thank you, miss Titania." Then he tosses her a stack of jewels. "Go buy yourself a nice cake, strawberry, right?" She nods, seemingly dumbfounded he knew. Then he tosses me a stack. "You needed rent money, correct?" I nod and he smiles, then walks by. "You don't have to use it on that, but I figured you could use the extra cash." He says, waving as he leaves. Wait, did he just call me poor?!

Your POV

I walk throughout the town, and finally find a real-estate business. I walk in and ring the bell on the counter. A short woman with rounded glasses walks out to greet me.

Woman: "Hello honey, how can I help you today?"

You: "I need to buy a house."

Woman: "Well, you seem a little young for that, but I'm guessing you're a wizard then?" I nod in response. "Ok, what's your budget?" I take off my backpack and show her the money in it. I had stopped by to one of my old stashes as well, I took roughly half of it. 250,000,000 jewels, in cash.

You: "I also have all that." I say pointing to another 50 or so bags I had pulled here. "Don't worry, I didn't steal it. I hit the jackpot at a casino." She nods slowly, in awe of it all. "I think it's roughly 250 million."

Woman: "Um, ok then... I, uh, I guess..." She walks back, and comes back out with a clipboard and some sheets. "These are some of the homes we have to offer within Magnolia." Hmm, I flip through them, and eventually settle on a home on the edge of the ocean for 225 million, but with all the other bullshit that goes into the house, I ended up using all 250 mil. Not that I'm complaining. She gave me the keys on the spot and I walked off towards it. 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom on the coast. I guess it was a little overpriced, but it was new, and had a great location. I finally find it and enter the code into the lacrima at the gate. Ii opens up and reveals a modern styled white house. I walk in and go out onto the porch in the back, overlooking the ocean. Man, it was a great view...