Chapter 60: Wood God Dragonslayer

Wendy POV

I blink hard as I struggle to comprehend what he had just told me.

"Y-you want me?" I say pointing at myself. "W-why?"

"Something's wrong, isn't it?" Erza says stepping forward. M/n takes a deep breath and sighs, coughing slightly as he does. He looks down over his wounded body, then runs his hand through his now colorless gray hair, a couple lone streaks of white within it.

"I don't think I'm going to be the same fighter anymore... This power... it invites the challenge of enemies like Acnologia. I want to give it to someone who will hate it as much as I do... So it's never used unless it has to be."

"B-but you're still way stronger than I could ever imagine!? Why someone as weak as me?"

"Yes, why someone as weak as her." I watch M/n's eyes go wide, and his face ghostly pale. The only person I've seen make him act like this, was Acnologia...

Erza POV

M/n instantly turns to the terrace and steps in front of Wendy and myself, extending his arm in front of us as he does. I watch a tall black woman with viny green hair walk in, parts of her skin almost resembled, bark? Wood... No way. Was this the Wood God Dragon Slayer? She walks in towards us as M/n growls.

"Stand down Dragon God. You and I both know you can't beat me right now... So how?" She asks, running her finger under his chin, making him look up to her. "How the hell did you beat Acnologia?" M/n looks at her frozen still.

"I... I don't know." He says. She frowns, and turns to Wendy and I. Walking around M/n towards us.

"Do either of you know? It would be a shame for all he worked for to be ruined now." M/n's head snaps in our direction.

"I told you. I don't know. All I remember is focusing on a light, and somebody telling me everybody would die if I didn't get to it." She turns back to him, raising a brow.

"Not good enough. I need to know how." She reaches out towards me, stroking my hair. "Such pretty hair... I wish mine were as soft as yours... But unlike your friend, my Dragon didn't give a shit about his daughter, I took on some of his features in order to remain human. I used to be so pretty like you once..." The room begins to heat up, and I see M/n with his teeth pinned together growling at her.

"Get your hands off her."

"Or what?" She spits back out at him. He pauses, and next thing I know her arm had grown and extended into a branch, holding M/n in the air by the neck as he coughs up blood. "Either you tell me how you beat Acnologia... Or I'll force it out of you." She drops him to the ground as he convulses in a fetal position.

"M/n!" Wendy screams as she rushes to him, only to be slammed into the wall by another large branch. It shrinks back into the woman's arm, and I see M/n looking over his shoulder towards what had just happened... Oh no... He grits his teeth and lets out a pained, howling scream and pushes himself back onto his feet, blood pouring from the sides of his mouth as he turns himself us.

"Yes... Show me." She says licking her lips.

"Don't! Stop! He'll die if he tries to fight right now!"

"Shut! UP!" I get sent flying through the wall, then I feel something wrap around my leg, I see the vines from her hair had grown to wrap around me, I get whipped back through the floor into the basement of the guild hall.