Chapter 30: We Don't Trade Lives

Your POV

I walk into the guild as Cana begins flipping over cards that were sticking out from a map. She was reading off groups of people, although, they were very weird, especially Bixlow and Wendy? How are those two supposedly a great team for their mission? Then, she turns to me.

Cana: "And M/n, you will be heading... Well, to a wasteland of sorts it looks like." I shrug, it really didn't matter to me.

You: "Ok then, is anybody coming with me?" She shakes her head.

Cana: "No, it says you're going alone." I nod and turn to walk out.

You: "Well, I guess I'll see you guys later then."

...

I arrive at the top of a hill looking over the valley of this supposed wasteland... But as soon as I see it... I know something's up... Especially due to the power I'm now feeling in the center of it... Thor... Reax... And Brain... All of their power signatures popped up as soon as I reached the summit of this mountain... H-have I been tricked...? No, why would Cana send me here to meet these three? I guess, I'm going to have to go find out... I reach them just as it begins raining. 3 beings, all of which are among the 10 strongest in this world.

You: "What are you 3 doing here?" They all remain quiet. "Explain. Now." I say, beginning to grow impatient.

Thor: "I am so sorry, F/n." What?

Brain: "But we have no choice." What?

Reax: "We have been ordered to kill you." WHAT?!

You: "You three are the some of the most powerful beings in this world, so explain why you are taking orders."

Brain: "Oh brother... Even though you are over 400 years old... There's still so much you do not know."

You: "I am going to leave now, and none of you, will be getting in my way, understood?"

Thor: "I am afraid we cannot let you do that." As he finishes though, I hear a scream.

You: "What was that?"

Brain: "NOW!" I turn back, and begin dodging their attacks.

You: "If you fools do not stop this immediately, I will be forced to fight back!" They continue attacking me. I release my Dragon God power. "Heavenly Dragon Secret Art! ETHERION!!"

Lahar POV

What is that?

Doranbolt: "R-run... Wendy..." What? I turn back and see Doranbolt fall, and Racer appear behind him.

Lahar: "Doranbolt?! Stay With Me!" I turn back to the girl and motion for her to run. "GO! Get Away From Here!"

Racer: "Now..." I look up and see him holding a red crystalized dagger. "It's time to complete the Anti-Link." I look back and see the girl standing there with fear, and sadness in her eyes, but just as he's about to strike downwards... A flash of white lightning appears between the two. I try to look closer and see what it was... And see the shadow of a... person...? A man with glowing white eyes, and hair sticking up, floating there. He had a flame of white energy surrounding him as well. "No..."

You: "RACER!" As he spoke... it had an almost surreal echo to it. Like he was some kind of deity, or higher being.

Katja: "P-Please Stop Sacrificing Yourselves To Save Me!" The man stops, and turns to her... Looking shocked.

You: "W-Wendy...?" His power dies down, and his hair falls, and his eyes return to a E/C color. Wait... No... I know that face...

Lahar: "KATJA! Get Away From That Man!" I jump between the two, and he looks at me confused.