Chapter 62: Magnolia

Erza POV

Over the weeks that follow Porlyusica and Wendy tended to M/n's injuries, keeping him under a plethora of spells and medicines to keep him resting. He had received an all-black version of the same model arm Gildarts used. He spent most of his time loafing around the guild hall, or playing cards with Cana and Macao, although recently he had been going on some of the lowest level quests with Wendy and Romeo, usually you'd see a Max, Gray and Juvia, or one of the Strauss siblings go along to keep watch too, as M/n wasn't even able to run fully yet, but nobody could manage to talk him out of going out at least on every other one with them. I had come to enjoy watching him able to relax and see what he was like again without all the commotion going on. He was a blunt and aloof persona, and many of the guild members who had never talked to him, either because they were too scared or he had brushed them off before had been telling me how strange it was to see him "hanging out" around the guild, and that they never pinned him to be so, to be frank, lazy. He went out once every other week with Wendy and Romeo, but besides that was rarely seen outside the guild hall or his rebuilt home overlooking the bay our guild hall sat on. I'm broken from my thoughts by a hand ruffling my hair.

"Sup Red?" Speak of the devil. I turn and see M/n smiling down at me, a drink in each hand. He sets one down for me and sits across the small table, groaning slightly as he does.

"Back still hurting?" I ask, he nods and takes a large swig of his drink.

"Like a bitch." He says with a big smile. "You ok? You seemed kinda zoned out when I walked up?" I laugh lightly, same old.

"I'm fine. Great, actually." He nods and looks back out towards the center of the guild hall, which was becoming wilder with every growing second the night waned on, mostly stirred up by Natsu, Gray, Elfman, and now Romeo had the confidence to get involved when the others began playfully fighting as well.

"I never thought I'd get to be this happy again." He says blankly, smiling as Elfman throws Gray into a table. "I, I kinda like this whole 'hanging out' thing. I guess I've come off as kind of some scary dickhead to a lot of the guild members, but none of them seem scared anymore, it's strange not to have people look at you with a frightened face." I feel myself crying now. He looks at me and sits up alarmed. "What's wrong? Are you ok?" He asks quickly. I jump over and hug him. "Am I dying or is there something you're not telling me? Are you dying?!" He questions as he grabs me by the shoulders. I shake my head.

"Just happy for you to be able to say that. There were plenty of times where I doubted if you ever would again"

Your POV

I was walking Romeo and his drunken father back from the guild hall through Magnolia.

"Why do you guys gotta live on the other edge of town?" I grumble as I readjust how I was carrying Macao.

"Dad says it's a lot cheaper. And he likes the quiet I think." I nod and we continue. Can't argue with a guy who likes a bargain and some peace and quiet.

Romeo POV

As we near the other end of town a woman runs by us, turning down an alley, 2 large men go chasing after her, one knocking into M/n, who already had the weight of my dad on him to fell over hard. He groans and clenches his teeth, getting back up. He gives me a look,

"Get your dad home Romeo." He turns and walks down the alley after the men and woman.

"HEY!!" I pick up my dad and trudge over to the corner of the building and peek into the alleyway. M/n was standing between my line of sight and them.