Chapter 30

Chapter 30

*Liam Payne* (A/N: hehe surprise?)

                It was hard seeing Hazel like that. She always looked so bubbly and happy... I realized we didn't know half as much as we thought we did. Dani explained to me what happened when she was at school, when she was bullied. Hazel was strong, and somehow she managed to stay in one piece for a very long time. I mean, we all received hate, but that was way worse.

                A couple of days has passed since she came home, and we haven't really seen her. She mostly stayed in the room she shared with Harry. I think she was just trying to pull it together. That's why when the others tried to get her out of there, I told them to let her be.

"She needs her time." I told them. "Soon enough, she won't be able to have a second to herself to process everything. Hazel will be fine. She's one tough cookie."

                For once, they did listen to me. 

                Harry was having a hard time dealing with everything. With her, he'd act all strong and reassuring. He was even more protective than before with her, and that's saying something. When he wasn't with her, he was mad and pissed. Not at us, but at whoever did that to her. I'd act the same if it was Dani. Hazel even admitted she almost killed herself.

                That was probably the worst. Thinking we were that close to losing somebody we loved... I think Harry was flipping a bit.

                Niall wasn't in a good mood either. We could all tell how close he was to her. And now, she was pretty much ignoring him. She was mad at him for some reasons she didn't want to share and wasn't on speaking terms with him. Niall was grumpy about it.

                Overall the situation was tensed in Louis and Harry's flat. That's why, when Hazel came out of her room this morning, looking calm and relaxed, I was very surprised. The bruises on her arms were fading, and her face was way more open then before.

                We were all sitting down at the table in the kitchen, eating breakfast, when I saw her come in. I kicked Harry under the table. and he looked up from his cereals. His stuck up expression softened and lightened up. He stood up and walked to Hazel.

"Hey, Hazel..."
'Hey, Harry." She answered with a small smile. She waved at us. "Hey, guys."
"How are you doing?" Harry asked, his eyes worried.
"Better." She bit her lip and grinned even wider. "Much better."

                Harry hugged her softly, as if he was afraid to break her. I heard Hazel's soft giggle, that was muffled in Harry's torso. She pulled back a bit, still giggling. I was astonished. How can somebody ever laugh again after something so horrible? How can she laugh after only a few days?

"You sure?" Harry asked.
"Yes." Her smile didn't falter. "It's crazy what chocolate and Ed Sheeran can do to a suicidal mood."

                There was a silence of dead in the living room. We all stared at her with wide eyes.

"How can you joke about this?" Niall snapped.
"If I can't laugh about it, then I'll cry." Hazel replied, her smile disappearing. "I haven't cried for years, and I certainly don't want to restart."

                She's not as fine as she let us believe. I realized. 

"Can we just try to leave this behind?" Hazel asked, biting her lip nervously.
"You can't just ask us to forget that you were bullied, and then you got beat up, and you almost killed yourself." Harry growled.