Chapter 16

Chapter 16

*Hazel Murray*

                I was already in the studio, working on my songs. It was about 9 A.M., everybody was probably still asleep at the hotel. But I couldn't sleep. All night long. I stayed in my bed, restless, thinking about my date with Harry. And the kiss.

                Oh God, the kiss.

                So, at 6 A.M., unable to close my eyes and drift to sleep, I called Andy. That's when he woke up everyday. I asked him if I could go to the studio to rehearse before everybody and he accepted to drive me there and help me get in. I got dressed , ate a muffin and I was ready by 6:30. That's when Andy picked me up. 

When he saw me, he had said: "You look really nervous."
I half-lied when I answered. "Performing in front of all the fans makes me genuinely nervous."

                It was true, but waking up and facing Harry this morning after our date seemed really awkward to me and made me even more nervous. What if he thought it was an accident? What if he was leading me on? I was terrified at the thought of me falling for him and that he wouldn't feel the same as me. 

                So here I was alone in the studio, playing my songs over and over for more than two hours. I was trying to get my mind of Harry, and music has always been an excellent distraction for me.

                My phone rang while I was right in the middle of 'Make You Feel My Love'. I stopped and took it. The Caller ID was Danielle. I answered.

"Hey Dani." 
"WHERE ARE YOU?" She yelled through the phone.
I winced. "Dani, I have a very sensible hearing... If you could just talk a bit lower, my ear-drum would e extremely thankful."
"Sorry. Where are you? We waited for you wake up, but then Harry told us he knew how to wake you up, so we went in your room and you weren't there. We thought you took off!"
"Uh... sorry, I'm at the studio, I couldn't sleep." I lamely said.
"Harry literally flipped a switch. He was panicking." Danielle said.
"Sorry..."
"As long as your okay, we're okay." Dani sighed.
"Yeah, I'm fine. When are you guys coming to the studio?"
"Wait a sec."

                I heard some shuffling in the background and some voices. Danielle picked up the phone again.

"We'll be there in an hour."
I bit my lip. "Okay... See ya."
"Bye, Haze."

                I pressed end call and closed my phone. I looked at the wall in front of me, wondering if I could ditch the rehearsal with the boys to go hang out with Joey. So I could possibly avoid facing Harry. I called Jo. After three dial tone, he picked up.

"Hey, Munchkin! What's up?"
"Hey, Jo... Um, what are you doing today?"
"I'm already at LA, waiting for you to come and do your first show. I'm the one that's going to do your beautiful hair!" He squealed excitedly in the phone making me wince. These people have no sense of respect for my tympanums. 
"Uh, I was kind of hoping you'd be in San Jose..." I groaned.
"Why?"
"Because..." I decided to just spill it out. "Harry took me on a date last night and he... he kissed me. And I haven't been able to sleep because I keep wondering if he regrets it. I went to the studio early, hoping that I would avoid him today, but now they're coming, and I needed you to be my alibi to ditch..." I said.
"Oh. My. God. YOU WENT ON A DATE WITH HARRY FREAKING STYLES AND YOU HAVEN'T TEXTED ME A WORD ABOUT IT?"
"Joey! Focus! He kissed me. What am I supposed to do now?"
"Oh my God, I ship Hazy so much right now. Imagine when you'll be famous, you guys will be like the number one couple worldwide. It will be awesome. Wait, I'm the very first Hazy shipper? That's so cool."
"JOEY. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO ACT NOW THAT HE KISSED ME?" I asked, really nervous.
"Well, like you do normally... Stupid girl. How would you act anyways? Did he ask you on another date?"
"No."
"Did he ask you to be his girlfriend?"
"NO!"
"Then act as if you just passed a really good night with him." Joey answered.
"Joey. When Harry Styles kisses you, you don't act like nothing happened." I scowled.
"Well, he's famous, but he's still a normal guy... It's not as if you have never been kissed before." Joey said.