Chapter 34

Chapter 34

*Hazel Murray*

                I was smiling widely as I put my other clothes back on after the photoshoot. It was so nice, and Jeff gave me the best comments ever. The photoshoot was on the beach and Jeff showed me exactly what to do, then told me I could take the pictures and keep them for future modelling propositions.

                They actually looked really nice. The first one was from close up, the second was smaller, the third was wider and the fourth was in the wind, and the last in front of birds. Then we went back inside and took another shoot, and I hadan amazing shot . After all those, Jeff told me that Nylon Magazine wanted me to be the cover for them, so  I did . I have to admit that it boosted my self-confidence seeing myself looking so great on a picture.

                Now I was just so goddamn excited to go back to the flat because Simon announced me that my song would be passing on the radio for the first time this afternoon! I couldn't wait to see everybody's face...

                The song I just recorded wasn't the one I originally intended to record first. But with everything that happened, I thought about writing 'Stay', because it was more relevant than my other love song I wrote about Harry and I. But Simon also told me I'd be recording the second single this Friday, which is tomorrow.

                I hugged Jeff on my way out.

"By, Jeff! Thank you so much for everything!"
"You're welcome sweetheart! You did amazing today, and I sure hope to see you soon on every damn cover of all the magazines in this country!" Jeff exclaimed, making me laugh.
"No promises."
"Well, happy birthday to you, Hazel. Don't go too wild tonight."
I chuckled. "Wouldn't wish of it!"

                I left the studio and happily walked to the car that was waiting for me. I climbed in and smiled at Andy.

"How was it?" He asked.
"Awesome! Look at these shots!" I showed him the pictures and his eyes widened. 
"You look beautiful, Hazel." 
"Thank you! Now could you bring me back to the flat?"
"No, sorry."
"What?" I frowned.
"We have to stop somewhere first."
"Okay." I nodded, trusting entirely Andy.

                He drove me in front of a small building. I followed him inside and saw Louise and... JOEY??! I gasped as I saw him and ran into his arms. He laughed and lifted me as he gave me a bear hug.

"Hey there, Munchkin! Missed me?"
"You have no idea!" I giggled as he released me. "What are you doing here?"
"Did you really think I'd miss my favorite's munchkin's birthday?" Joey teased me.
"I was sure hoping you wouldn't." I smiled then hugged Louise.
"Happy birthday, sweetheart." Lou told me.
"Thanks, Lou!"
"Now, come on!" Joey excitedly clapped his hands. "We've got to get you ready for your birthday party!"
I frowned. "Joey, what the Hell are you talking about? I don't have a birthday party."
"Well,  now you do!" Joey said, before Lou slapped the back of his head.
"You and your unshuttable mouth!" Lou snarled.
"Sorry-not-sorry, now can we get on with this! I want to see her beautiful!"
"She already is!"
"Yes, but her hair needs a new cut and coloration, and so does her makeup, and she needs a new outfit, and we have about..." Joey looked at his watch."... 2 hours to do that!"

                I let him drag me to the seat and let him color, wash and cut my hair, then blow dry them and place them in a styled mess of curls, while Louise did my nails and my facial makeup. My lips were a nice glossy pink, and my eyes were silver and copper, with thick eyelashes. Then, Lou gave me some clothes and high heels to complete the outfit .  Joey took a step back to admire their work.