Chapter 58

*Hazel Murray*

I sang the last note, Niall watching me with a very serious expression on his face.

"You need that song on your album, not negotiable." Niall said, shaking his head.
"No way, this is way too private..." I uncomfortably laughed. "You take it, and put it on your album."
"I can't do that!"
"You bet you can." I snorted. "Just say you wrote it and put it on the album. I don't want to be the one singing it, cause people would automatically link it with Harry, and we both know how well it ended last time. If you're the one bringing it, everybody will love it, without all the controversy and fighting."
"Haze, it's your work."
"And it should get the reconnaissance it needs, but I don't need all the praise or the disgrace. I just want it to be known. Look."

I changed a couple of words in the song, and complete parts of it, making it more suitable for the boys and started singing again.

"So your friends being telling me
You've been sleeping with my sweater
And that you can't stop missing me
Bet my friends been telling you
I'm not doing much better
Cause I'm missing half of me."

"Being here without you
Is like I'm waking up to."

"Only half a blue sky
Kinda there but not quite
I'm walking around with just one shoe
I'm half a heart without you.
I'm half a man at best
With half an arrow in my chest
Cause I miss everything we do
I'm half a heart without you."

"Forget all we said that night
No it doesn't even matter
Cause we both got split in two.
If you could spare an hour or so
We'll go for lunch down by the river
Maybe we can talk this through."

"Being here without you
Is like I'm waking up to."

"Only half a blue sky
Kinda there but not quite
I'm walking around with just one shoe
I'm half a heart without you.
I'm half a man at best
With half an arrow in my chest
Cause I miss everything we do
I'm half a heart without you."

"Though I try to get you out of my head
The truth is I got lost without you.
And since then I've been waking up to."

"Only half a blue sky
Kinda there but not quite
I'm walking around with just one shoe
I'm half a heart without you.
I'm half a man at best
With half an arrow in my chest
Cause I miss everything we do
I'm half a heart without you."

"Without you, without you
I'm half a heart without you.
Without you, without you
I'm half a heart without you."

"God, Hazel, you sure you want to give it to us?"
"More than sure." I giggled, giving him the partition and the corrected lyrics. "You'll make those girls swoon even more. If that's even possible."

A resonating 'Ding Dong!' made us both jump in surprise. I shared a long look with Niall, an odd hope surging through my chest. That could be him. That could be Harry, who after now two weeks of disappearance. I got off our couch and walked to the door and opened it, eyes wide and sparkling with hope― only to be crushed by surprise when a blonde headed girl jumped in my arms.

"Hazel! You look beautiful, dear! God, it's been so long since I have last seen you. I thought you would have come by with Harry, but that dimwit told me you were sick and you stayed at home."
"Ge-Gemma?"
"Hello to you too! So, as I was saying, since I'm the better Styles and that Harry has been sulking in his room at home for the past two weeks, I decided to come and seek you out. By the way, you don't look sick at all..."
"Gemma, what the... wait, Harry told you I was sick?"
"Yeah, about two weeks ago he came back home saying he got off tour for some weird reason and that you couldn't come along with him cause you were sick and you didn't want to contaminate us... I'm guessing by your expression that he lied."

I nodded and sighed. Oh Harry.

"So he's in Cheshire?" Niall, who magically appeared over my shoulder, asked.
"Yeah... where did you think he was?"
"No idea, he was MIA for like two weeks, management has been going nuts over it." Niall grumbled. "I'm going to call them, just so they know they can stop the search party." He went away grumbling something like 'that selfish prick'.
"So... How about we go get a coffee and catch up?"

❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣

"Okay, my brother is officially an asshole."

I hummed in answer, sipping on my hot chocolate. I winced as I felt the steamy liquid burn my tongue and coughed slightly.

"Yeah, tell me about it."
"Leaving you there, pregnant and without any news for two weeks, that's just... ugh, I would've left his sorry ass."
"You swear a lot, did you notice?"
"Yeah, I kinda do that a lot."
"Not about my baby girl, please." I smiled, making Gemma laugh and gush.
"I can't believe I'm going to be an Auntie! You guys should have been more careful, but still it's amazing news!"
"Yeah, I wish my parents thought the same..."

I told my parents two days ago on a Skype call. My mum fainted and my dad... I never saw him so furious, it was kinda scary. He started babbling hurtful things to Harry and to me, and even went as far as calling me a whore... Yeah, that one stung. I haven't had any news for either of them since, and God did I feel disgusting and gross.
"They'll come around, you'll see."
I snorted ironically. "Funny how people has been telling me that about the love of my life, and I still haven't seen one brown curl of his in two weeks."

Gemma stayed silent as we both finished our drinks and walked back to my house. I only got stopped twice for pictures, which was pretty great. I was grateful that our neighborhood was filled with aged people: less fangirls, less paps. Perfect for a celebrity couple. Family? Whatsoever, Gemma had to make a stop somewhere before coming back to the house, so we went our separate ways.

As we approached my house, I noticed the black Range Rover and a Jeep next to Niall's car, with, surprisingly, Louis and Liam's cars too. Frowning and not recognizing either of the vehicles, I slowly went to the porch and unlocked the door, only to find myself in front of a scene I never thought I would see.

Both my parents were standing in our living room, my dad looking extremely pissed, basically yelling at Harry while Anne was trying to calm everybody down. Niall was still on the phone looking a little panicked, Liam, Louis and Zayn were watching the scene looking lost and uncomfortable.

Harry, as if he sensed my presence, turned around, meeting my gaze.

"Haze..."

I just gape at him, not knowing what to say. I mean, what could I say in front of such an absurd scene?

"What the fuck is going on?" I finally managed to stutter.

Gemma came in at that moment, when the house was covered in a deep and awkward silence.

"Haze? Why is my mum's car there and why am I hearing shouting... Holy s... Damn, what a happy family reunion."

A/N: I wrote that in a rush, I'm sorry if it's bad love you guys <3 <3 song of the chapter: Half a heart by One Direction, but you guys knew that riiiight?