Chapter 1

A/N: Hey guys, I know it starts slow, but please give it a chance. 1D will appear in Chapter 3, and they will meet in chapter 8. THANKS FOR READING AND VOTING

*Hazel Murray*

                I sighed as I entered my  farmhouse . Another long day at school. 

                I breathed the familiar air in my house and smiled widely. I loved my house. It was a yellowish color outside, but inside it was cozy and warm. I lived all my life in this small house, all my life meaning seventeen years. Not even once in seventeen years have I left Cedar City, Utah, in the United States. Not even for a school trip to Salt Lake City. The biggest and closest town to us was St George, and it was 48 minutes away. I haven't even been there.

                Why?

                My parents say that I have everything I need here. It's true: school, grocery store and everything like that was in town. What I didn't have, my parents would buy online and ship it to me. I didn't need anything. But I wanted to see the world. 

                I had a deal with my parents. I finish High School here in Cedar City, I wait until I'm 18, then I go to the college I want, and only then I can travel around the world. My parents promised then will let me go once I get out of school and that they would buy me anything I needed for my travel. 

                Also, they bought me a lot of things to occupy myself in the meantime. 

                One of my passion: playing guitar. I don't know what I would do of my life without my guitar. I was basically born with one in my hands. I can't remember a time when I didn't play it. Another hobby: singing. I do that a lot. I was always humming a song I just learned or thinking of ways I could do a cover of it. My first iPod was 8 GB, but I filled it so fast with songs that my parents bought me an iPhone 32 GB. It contained more than 2000 songs... 

                I went in my room upstairs and laid on my bed. I look at my sealing and sighed again. I couldn't wait until school finishes. I was bullied at school.

                Reason #1: I was socially awkward. I never knew what to say to people when they spoke to me, I say lame jokes. I kept to myself a lot, listening to my music or reading a good book. 

                Reason #2 (in relation with #1): I was extremely shy. Teachers wouldn't even make me do orals, because I just couldn't stand in front of people and talk to them about a random subject. Not that I was scared of being judged, I just couldn't speak in front of so many people.

                Reason #3: I was the youngest in my grade. I was seventeen and in senior year, where everybody was eighteen. Was I a genius in math? Nope, just really unlucky when my mother register me in Elementary School. So I was like the little baby of the Grade, and when you're like me, socially awkward and shy, being the youngest isn't exactly a good thing.

                Reason #4: I was kind of innocent. By that I mean virgin. Like, lip virgin. Never had a boyfriend, nor a first kiss. When half of the school is composed of girls who lost their virginity at 15 and the other half is composed of boys only wanting that, it's kind of lame. Not that I was pressed with that. Boys were jerks and girls were shanks. 

                Reason #5 (in relation with #1, 2, 3 and 4): I didn't have any friends at school. Normally, you would see the young girl bullied at school, but with her best friend to help her and protect her. Or even a big brother or sister to shoo off the bullies and reassure you. Not me. Even though I knew everyone at school, I didn't have a friend. Not a single one. And I was only child. I was too shy to actually approach somebody and talk to them, and if they did, I was so awkward I would scare them off.