Chapter 15

Chapter 15

*Hazel Murray*

                I looked in the mirror and took a deep breath. Does it look fine ? Maybe I should change into something else... Was I over-dressed? Was I under-dressed? Is it pretty? Should I change?

                I looked at my white sleeveless shirt and my turquoise blue shorts. Harry said casual, but what is 'casual'? Like, casual sweatpants or casual skirt? And was my makeup too much? I put gold on my top eyelid and blue under my eye to match my shorts, then I did a cat eye, but was it too much? My hair was curly and fell in waves in my back. Should I tie them up?

                You're over-thinking this way too much. It's just a FRIENDLY date. The mean voice snapped. I sighed. Yes, a friendly date, but it's still a date... My first date... like ever. Suddenly, I had an idea. I looked in my contacts in my phone. I pressed a caller ID and waited for the person to take the phone.

"Hazel? Why are you calling me? We're in the same hotel... You just have to come out of your room, we're all in the common room of the suite..." The sweet voice answered.
"Hum, Danielle, I kinda need some help." I bit my lip.
"Okay... Is everything alright?"
"Yeah, just come right now. It's an emergency. You can bring Eleanor and Perrie too."
"Okay, we'll be there in a sec."

                Effectively, a second later, there was a knock on my door. I opened the door and let Danielle, Eleanor and Perrie inside, and hastily closed it behind them.

"What's going on, Haze?" Eleanor asked.
"Why are you dressed so cute?" Perrie cooed. 
"Why do you need our help?" Danielle added.

                I took a deep breath.

"Well, Harry asked me on a date. A friendly date. But then he said, dress casual. So now I'm wondering if what I'm wearing is okay... Too dressed, or not enough. And I'm really nervous, because I've never been on a date before, not even a friendly one. And, it's Harry, so I have so idea what to expect, and I'm really anxious, and..."
"Haze, stop." Danielle said. "Breathe. Inhale, exhale..."

                I did as she said, feeling really light headed.

"You're in hyperventilation, right now, you need to calm down." She continued. "Or else you'll faint."
"You look really good, by the way. If Harry said dress casual, it means dress however you like." Eleanor added.
"Plus, I'm sure he'll like you in whatever you're wearing." Perrie said.
I was breathing more normally now and I wasn't n the verge of passing out. "Thanks, girls."

                A huge grin spread on El's face.

"Harry actually asked you on a date! I knew it!" She squealed.
"Knew what?" I asked dumbly.
"I knew you two had something!" 
I blushed. "We don't have something, he just wants to be nice." 
"Harry doesn't ask girls on dates 'just to be nice'." Dani said.
"He has a crush on you." El said jumping around everywhere.
"He doesn't... Who would have a crush on me anyways?" I said, looking at me feet, ashamed.

                El stopped her dance and Perrie and Dani where staring at me in disbelief.

"You're kidding, right?" Dani said. "You're adorable and sweet and pretty. Who wouldn't have a crush on you?"
I bit my lip. "Well... pretty much everybody..."
"I was surprised when Liam told us you've never had a boyfriend before. Why not?" Perrie asked.
"Well, I wasn't a girl to date in school. Or be friend with. Or talk to. I was bad news..." I answered uneasily.
"Why?" El asked.
I shifted uncomfortably under their stares. "When the most popular couple of the school hates you, nobody wants to be seen with you."
"You were bullied?" Dani asked.
"Uh, yeah." I answered, looking anywhere but them. "I always was shy in front of people. Plus I'm so small, I'm easily bullied. I don't reply to my bullies."
"Oh my God..." Danielle said, horrified. "I was horrible to you that first day and you didn't say anything back... I feel even worse now. I called you bad words and you probably didn't need them! I'm so sorry."
I smiled sadly. "It was funny, because it's the first time somebody called me a whore... Everybody at school knew about the nonexistence of my love life, so they never could call me a slut, or things like that. They sticked to the 'idiot', 'ugly' and 'prude'. I got hate on media servers and rude comments on YouTube for my singing, I was pushed in lockers, maybe an occasional grab that caused me a bruise, but it was usually verbal."
El looked disgusted. "How can somebody do that to you? You're the sweetest thing on earth."
"I don't understand how somebody can do that to anybody, let alone me..." I shrugged. "That was one of the reason why I wanted to leave town."

                They all stared at me with pity in their eyes.

I shook my head. "No, please, no pity. I am perfectly fine. I got use to it."
"Since when are you bullied?"
"Uh, since I first entered school." I answered. "I never really had a friend, that's why I'm so awkward around you guys. I don't know how to act around people, because I never got the chance to socialize. This is also why I'm really anxious about my date with Harry. I've never been on one. He'll probably run away."
"I doubt that... I know Harry." El claimed. "He's not the type to lead girls on. If he likes you and he tells you so, he means it."

                I bit my lip, unsure. Then, Perrie pulled me in a huge bear hug, soon followed by Dani and El.

I chuckled in their arms. "Thank you so much, girls."
"So, we're basically your first best friends?" El clapped her hand excitedly. 
"No, that would be Andy and Joey." I chuckled.
"Best girl friend." Perrie corrected.
I nodded. "Yeah."
"That's awesome!"

                I chuckled.

"What's funny is that if I've met you guys in school, I would have blushed and walked away. But, I'm forced to talk to you guys, since I sort of live with you." I said.
"Forced?" El gasped.

                I giggled and dodged a pillow she threw at me.

"Not to ruin the moment or anything, but at what time did Harry asked you to be ready?" Dani asked.
"Uh, 4 o'clock, why?" I answered.
"Because it's already 3:59..." 
"Crap! I have to go..." I said, my stomach flipping anxiously.
"You'll do perfectly fine. Just be yourself."
"Thanks, El, that's the perfect way to make him run away from me..." I said.
"You're exaggerating..." She replied. "Now come on, or you'll be late to your first date!"

                She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the door. My mind was a complete mess, my throat was tied in knots, my legs were about to give up on me, my hand were shaking and my heart was beating faster than if I had been running a marathon.

                I stopped at the door of the common room.

"Girls, please don't say a word to the boys about this..." I said.
"Why?" Dani asked.
"I don't want them to look at me like I'm a kicked puppy." I replied.
Dani nodded. "Okay. Anyways, it's not our secret to tell."

                I was barely able to think about anything.

*Harry Styles*

                I was sitting with the boys, my nervousness rising as the minutes ticked by. I was going on a date with Hazel. I wondered if she only saw me as a friend. That would probably the worst friendzone I would ever be in.

                Suddenly, a phone started ringing. It was Dani's and she answered.

"Hazel? Why are you calling me? We're in the same hotel... You just have to come out of your room, we're all in the common room of the suite..." She said.

                Why was Hazel calling her.

"Okay... Is everything alright?"

                Is something wrong with Hazel? She doesn't want to go out with me? 

"Okay, we'll be there in a sec."

                Dani got up, grabbed Perrie and El and left the room with no explanation. My level of anxiety rose to a hole new level. Why did Hazel need the three of them? I started shaking. Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit.

                She doesn't want to go out with me.

                She freaked out.

                She doesn't like me.

"Mate, are you alright?" Liam asked. "You turned white when the girls left."
"You're anxious for you date?"
"Well, of course I am!" I snapped at Niall.
He raised his hands. "Okay, okay, calm down. It isn't your first date..."
"Yeah, but it is with her, and I told you; she's different." I said, running a hand through my curly hair.

                At 3:59, when she still wasn't there, I was about to explode in a majestic tantrum. I was shaking my knee.

"Relax, mate, she's a girl, they're always late." Louis said.

                I nodded, too nervous to say anything.

                At 4:01, I was on the verge of blowing up.

                The door opened and I jumped on my feet, sighing in relief. Danielle, Perrie and El came out the door, soon followed by Hazel. She was gorgeous, wearing a cute outfit. Her hair, perfect as always, fell on he shoulders in natural waves. She smiled tentatively at me and I knew she was as nervous as I was. I grinned reassuringly to her and walked closer to her.

"Ready to go, love?"
She blushed, like every time I called her love. "Yeah."
"You look beautiful, Haze." Niall said, making me glare at him. She was my date. 
I took her hand. "Shall we?"

                She nodded and I pulled her outside. We walked for a moment, my hand still holding hers. When we left the hotel, I looked down at her and grinned, admiring her beautiful features.

"What? Why are you staring at me?" Hazel asked.
"Cause you're beautiful." I whispered.
She blushing and giggled adorably. "Quoting The Fault in Our Stars, are we?"
I gasped. "No, just speaking the truth. You really are perfect."

                She looked away, but I knew she was blushing. But I meant my words. She was perfect.

"So, where are we going?"
"You'll see."
She squealed, excited. "I love surprises!"

                I raised my eyebrows in surprise. Normally, girls would hate surprises. They always bugged me and ask 'where are we going?', 'why aren't you telling me?' or things like that. They hated surprises. But Hazel wasn't like any other girl. She was special.

                We walked hand in hand, almost like a couple, to a small park in San Jose. It was the Kelley Park . It was a gorgeous Japanese garden, with beautiful trees and flowers. Hazel looked around in awe.

"It's beautiful."
"Not as beautiful as you." I said to her, making her blush.
"Cheesy, you are, Harry Styles."
"Gorgeous, you are, Hazel Murray."
"Cheesy and cheeky."
"That's what most people say..."
"So that's what we're going to write on your grave? 'Harry Styles was cheesy and cheeky'?" She joked.
"I'm taking you on your first date and you're thinking of killing me?" I teased.

                Her smile faded a bit and she looked down. 

"Sorry. That was rude..."
I stopped her and lifted her chin up. "I was just teasing, Haze."

                Her smile reappeared a bit. Again, I felt the urge to kiss her, but I wanted to wait. I pulled away a bit and we continued walking in the park. We arrived to the place I chose for our date. It was a small hill close to a little river. There was a bridge a bit further, and the hole place was just enchanting. Plus, there were bushes to hide us from potential paps, so we should have a more intimate moment.

                ... not that kind of intimate, you pervs.

                I hold her hand as she sat down on the blanket I sprawled on the grass. I had a small basket that contained our diner for tonight and extra blanket if we were cold. Hazel looked around at my set up in amazement.

"You are a romantic one, Styles."
"I try my best." I chuckled.

                Hazel looked at the tree  above us. She started laughing. 

"What?" I asked.
"You really chose your spot." She said, giggling.
"How come?"
"This," She said, pointing the tree," is a hazelnut tree."
"Oh..."
"And... my full name is Hazel Bryn Murray. Bryn means 'hill' in Welsh and Murray means 'close to water' in Scottish. You just brought Hazel Bryn Murray on a hill under a hazelnut tree close to a small river."
I laughed. "I didn't know your second name was Bryn..."
"Nobody knows except you and my parents." She shrugged.

                I was thrilled to be one of three person to know that about her. I'm ridiculous... looking for any ways to have a special connection with her...

"I love it." I said.
"Really? I hate when people call me by my full name." She replied.
"Why?"
"I don't know... I just don't like it." She shrugged.

                We passed the next few hours talking about anything, getting to know each other. Hazel was smart and a bit silly, but in an adorable way. She was a dork, but it only made me like her even more. We ate the diner I made and we watched the sunset. It was a perfect night. Around 9 P.M., it was getting really dark and we could see all the stars shining. We moved our blanket from under the tree and closer to the water so we could see them. 

                As we were moving, I saw goosebumps on Hazel's skin.

"Are you cold?"
"A bit..." She smiled.

                I got another blanket out and gave it to her. She grinned thankfully to me and lied down. I lied next to her and we silently watched the stars. After a moment, she scootched closer to me and I wrapped an arm around her. Her head was stayed on my shoulder . It was a perfect moment. I smiled and spoke.

"'I cannot tell you how grateful I am for our little infinity'." I quoted.
Hazel giggled. Have I mentionned how much I loved her giggle. "It's the second time you quote The Fault in our Stars. I could've thought it was a coincidence the first time, but now it's confirmed. You read it."
I shrugged. "It's a great book. Plus, your name makes it impossible not to quote it."
"Okay." She said.
"Stop flirting with me." I teased.

                That made her laugh. We stayed in silence after that, until Hazel said really softly: "The Fault, my dear Brutus, isn't in our Stars, but in ourselves."
I looked at her. "Now who's quoting John Green."
She smiled at me. "Me, the really weird and dorky girl..."
"I reject that by the hand."
She laughed. "Reject what?"
"You're not weird. You're perfect..."

                I smiled down at her. She smiled up to me. Our eyes locked together, the golden hazel mixing with the emerald green. I looked at her pink lips and I slowly leaned in, giving her all the chances to pull away if she wanted it. 

                She didn't.

                Our lips met in a slow and tender kiss. Knowing it was her first kiss, I didn't push anything, just letting her the time she needed. After a few seconds that I wished were longer, I pulled back. Hazel's eyes opened.

                We didn't say a word. We just looked at each other in the eyes for what seemed like forever, but the forever didn't last long enough. She finally broke our eye contact, but just to snuggle closer to me. I wrapped my arms around her and rested my chin on the top of her head. I could lay there with her for the rest of my life and I'd be happy.

                I, Harry Styles, was falling for her.

                I was falling hard.

*Hazel Murray*

                Holy cow.

                Did I just get my first kiss?

                Did I just get my first kiss from Harry Styles?

MEDIA PICTURE: LILY COLLINS AND HARRY STYLES AS HAZY

MEDIA VIDEO: ALL OF THE STARS BY ED SHEERAN

A/N: HOPE YOU LIKE IT really mushy and cheesy chapter :)

THOSE TFIOS FEELS THOUGH

Enjoy the date ;)

#HAZY (Hazel and Harry's ship name :P)