Chapter 56

*Hazel Murray*

I paced around in the room, terrified, and anxiety creeping up my stomach. I felt as if I was going to be sick, and it wasn't because of the pregnancy.

"Hazel, please calm down and sit... I don't think so much stress is good for the baby."

I scoffed and sat down, starting to bite my nails. I was out of breath and still completely freaked out. Why? Cause I called Niall, and they're coming back tonight.

I knew I should have called Harry. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. I knew that as soon as I would hear his voice, I'd break down and probably end up telling him. Those kind of news you usually and preferably tell face to face. So I called Niall and I told him. It was kind of really abrupt. I just blurted it out as soon as I heard his cheerful 'hi'.

"Eleanor, do you understand what the hell I am feeling right now?!" I said, hysterical.
"Hazel!" She snapped, making me jump. "You're not the only one who had to say to your boyfriend that you're pregnant at 18. You're nervous, and I get that. But stressing so much about it isn't going to help."
I slowly breathed in, trying to calm my frenzy mind. "Yeah, yeah, you're right..."

I thanked the God for her. I think I would have gone ballistic these last few hours without her. We came back last night to Harry and I's house, El making a huge exception of skipping school for me. Now, we were waiting for the boys to come back. And that was probably in the next few minutes. I buried my face in my hands.

"El, you can't understand how terrified I am." My voice was shaky. "I'd love to have a family with Harry, and I'd love for him to want to be with me and a child, but the problem is I don't know if he will. I mean, every single time we had a problem in our relationship over the past year, he has ran away, leaving me broken and unsure of what was going to happen."
"But he always came back for you." El softly answered. "He always came back to you, regretting every single word that has been said."
"I'm scared this time he won't... I want to keep the baby El." I whispered. "I want to keep the baby and raise it with Harry, but..."

The front door creaked open and I jumped out of my seat. A slightly flustered Harry barged in, wild curls bouncing around his head. I barely had the time to blink that he took me and spun me around, making me slightly dizzy. I didn't protest though... Could be the last time I ever even hug him...

"Are you alright?" He asked me after he put me down, keeping his hands on my waist though.
I smiled nervously. "We need to talk."

The other lads came in, looking rather awkward and clueless on what was happening. Niall smiled encouragingly and nodded at me. I saw his glance at my stomach and blushed.

"Hey, hum, we can leave if you guys want more privacy..." Liam said.
"Yes, I think that'd be better..." Harry said at the same time as I replied. "No."
I looked at Harry. "I don't want to have to say it twice."

He stayed silent, a spark of fear in his eyes. The other boys looked t each other, even more confused now.
I took a deep breath, trying to keep my lips from quivering and my hands from trembling. "Okay so... God this is so much harder than I thought it would be... You guys know how sick I was in the past few weeks. I know what I had now."
"Angel, you're scaring me..." Harry murmured.

He took my hands and kissed my knuckled. My eyes fluttered close as I felt his butterfly kisses on my skin. My heart rate quickened and I knew how in love I was with him. I had to trust he had the same endlessly and limitless love for me, unconditional.
I breathed out. "I'm pregnant."

The whole room was silent and still until Louis said "Shit."

I blushed t his words and kept looking at Harry, who's eyes went blank. I hopelessly searched his eyes for something that would give away what he was thinking, but nothing. Emptiness.

Liam nervously laughed. "Just to be sure, can you repeat that."
"I'm pregnant, guys...." I repeated with a small smile.
"Is it mine?" Harry asked, his voice being a void of emotion.
I scoffed, gritting my teeth. "Of course he's yours, Harry!"

Harry ripped his hands away from mine and stood up, ruffling his hair.

"It's okay, you can abort it..." He said, his tone raspy and shaky.
My smile disappeared. "I'm not getting our child aborted, Harry Edward Styles! I can't believe you're actually asking me that."
"I gotta... I gotta go." He nodded frantically. "Yeah I gotta go somewhere."

He left in a blink of an eye. I didn't even tried to follow him. I just looked at where he was standing a few seconds ago, completely helpless. He actually left. All my faith and hopes were crushed under the terrible rock of reality. I felt someone hug me on the side.
"I'm happy for you, Hazel."

I looked at Louis, who was smiling. Tears brimmed in my eyes and my felt dry suddenly. I noticed that Niall and Zayn were gone, probably after Harry, leaving me with Louis and Liam. Eleanor looked stunned by Harry's behavior, but I wasn't even surprised anymore. Deep down I knew that would happen. It's kinda sad actually. To know the love of your life so well you knew when not to be disappointed.

"Listen, Haze, I'm sorry for what happened at the BBMAs, I was angry, and it was uncalled for. And that thing on Twitter was really immature, I'm so sorry."
"It's fine, Lou, really..." I smiled sadly.
"You're going to be an amazing mum." Lou said, hugging me tightly.
"We're going to be uncles!" Liam excitedly said.
I snorted humorlessly. "If only the father could be as excited as you guys are..."
"He'll come around, Haze..." Lou said.
I shook my head. "Over and over again, he leaves. What if this time it's for good...?"
"Harry will never leave you."
"He might not. But I'm not sure I can take this much longer..."

*Zayn Malik*

Niall and I were following Harry outside the house.

"Stop being an idiot, Haz! Hazel must be devastated by now!"
"I can't guys, I can't do this!"
"Yes you can, and you will, for her!" Niall yelled, furious. "If you loved her half as much as I do, you would go back right now and tell her everything is going to be fine!"
"What would you do if it was your kid she's carrying, Niall?"
"I'D GO BACK TO HER AND TELL HER I LOVE HER!"

Harry stayed silent as few seconds. I continued, with much less anger than Niall but with the same irritation.

"You keep telling us everyday she's the love of your life, and that you're going to marry her, Harry! She's with child, and now you leave her, when she needed you the most?"
"Zayn, I am nineteen, I can't have a child now!"
"She's eighteen, she probably didn't want this either!"
"She just had to be more careful!"

I held Niall's arm so he wouldn't smash Harry's stupid face then and there.

"It's your child too, Harry! Take responsibility!" Niall seethed, beyond pissed.
"You think nineteen is too soon?" I asked. "I'm thinking of proposing to Perrie."
"Proposing and getting married can take years! By the time you guys are married, it could be in 2015! Or even five years later! We have nine months! Nine months, Zayn!"
"I'm going to stand by Niall and say that if you truly loved Hazel, you'd make a man of yourself and go back to her. She doesn't deserve that."
"No, she doesn't." Niall spat. "And you don't deserve her."

Harry didn't answer and shook his head.

"If it was Perrie, I'd stay with her and be immensely happy." I said. "I'd be terrified too, but I would be with her."
"I... I can't, mate." Harry sighed and got in the car, driving away.
"What an idiot. Come on, let him leave..." Niall said. "Hazel is family, and she needs us."