chapter three: The Case of The Missing Lifeguard (p2)

same outfit as last time
Y/n POV:
     Hopper closed the door and the three of us bursted out laughing. That was random. And awkward. ANYWAYS, we continued on with our girl talk until I decided to take a nap.

     I woke up from my small nap and decided to take a walk. With a soft goodbye and a note to Hopper, I walked around in the woods. It was calm, peaceful. Until something in the trees started moving.

What the hell? I thought as I walked back to the cabin. I shook my head, probably my anxiety. Sometimes I had weird hallucinations, so it probably wasn't a big deal. Right?

Wrong. A shadowed person emerged from the forest. No. This isn't how I plan to die. I wanted to go out with a bang, not killed in a stupid forest! I ran until the person caught up to me and covered my mouth with their hand. I struggled to get out, and I didn't get out.

My voice was muffled, "Let go of me!" but it sounded more like, "Le gum om me."

     "Wow, you don't even recognize your own boyfriend, huh?" It was Steve.

     "Holy shirt! You can't just sneak up on people like that," I shook my head, "Did you forget I'm pregnant?" He stared at me with wide eyes.

     "Uh... no," He slowly said.

     "Right. I forgot. Uhm. Surprise!" I did jazz hands. Then we stared at each other for a good 10 minutes before he spoke.

     "When.. When did you find out?" He looked mad.

     "Don't get mad, but when you broke up with me..." I looked away from his eyes.

     "..Y/n that was 2 months ago. You had 2 MONTHS TO TELL ME AND YOU DIDN'T?" He yelled.

     "BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW HOW YOU WERE GOING TO REACT!" I screamed back.

     "Well it doesn't matter how I would have reacted, because now you're seeing how I currently AM acting." He ran his hand down his face in frustration.

     "Look, I'm sor-" He cut me off.

     "Stop with the bullshit lies. 'I'm sorry,' no you're not. You're not sorry you didn't tell me, you're sorry because you slipped up."

     "Holy fuck, Steve! You don't get it! You had just broken my heart, what was I supposed to do? 'Hey I know you broke up with me like yesterday, but I'm pregnant with your kid'? NO!" I raged.

     "If you're going to keep things from me, things as important as this, I don't think we're going to work out," He looked away.

     "So what? That's it? You're breaking up with me. Again? Even after you knocked me up. You're going to LEAVE me and your child? What kind of asshole does tha-" I was met with a sharp stinging in my cheek.

     "I am breaking up with you. We're done. I don't want to see you OR that baby. EVER." With that, he left and I made my way back to Hopper's Cabin.

     After I opened his door, I woke up. Again. Huh? I looked over at Max and Eleven who were staring at me. El had a blindfold in her hand and blood dripping from her nose. She went in my dream.

     "You were screaming and kicking, I wanted to make sure you were okay," Eleven said softly.

     "Thanks. Sorry if I disturbed you from anything you were doing," I apologized.

     "No, no it's fine. While you were sleeping before El went in, we found something. We found something out about Billy. And it's not good..." Max started to explain what they saw. No, he wouldn't do that, would he?