chapter six: The Spy (p3)

*wearing the same outfit as last chapter*
*(Y/N) POV:*
I was sneaking behind Steve and Dustin, trying to be quiet when I heard them talking about the whole Dart situation.

"All right, so let me get this straight. You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who.... who you just met?" Steve asked trying to clarify the whole thing. I silently chuckled and rolled my eyes creeping behind them. (*cough* Joe Goldberg? Is that you? *cough*)

"All right, that's grossly oversimplifying things," Dustin threw some meat on the railroad tracks.

"I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" Steve scoffed.

"An inter-dimensional slug? Because it's awesome," Dustin retorted.

"Well even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't, I... I just..." Steve trailed off. "I don't know. I just feel like you're trying way too hard man."

"Well, not everyone can have your perfect hair, all right? It's easy for you to get girls. Like (Y/N)," Dustin did the eyebrow thingy.

"What do you... what do you mean?" Steve asked.

"I mean, the way you guys look at each other? The way she looks at you. Dude she's in love with you. Just like you're in love with her," Dustin said stating facts. I was still behind them and wanted to make myself present, but waited a little longer. (Dustin our here exposing everyone 🤭)

"I- okay, shut up. So what if I like her? I mean... listen it's not about the hair, man. The key to girls is just acting like you don't care," Steve tried to give advice. I scoffed loudly and they turned their heads back, Steve's eyes as wide as golf balls. I shook my head.

"Don't listen to him Dusty. If you act like you don't care then she's going to think you actually don't care or even like her," I walked beside Dustin.

"Are you sure?" Dustin asked me.

"100% my dude. I mean, I would know. I'm a girl," I said in a 'duh' tone.

"Well whatever you do, just wait until, uh, until you feel it," Steve suggested.

"Feel what?" Dustin asked inquisitively.

"It's like before it's gonna storm, you know? You can't see it, but you can feel it, like this, uh.." Steve trailed off once more.

"Electricity," we said at the same time, and we looked at each other. I blushed and looked away, him doing the same as we kept walking.

"Oh, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere—" Steve cut Dustin off.

"No, no, no, no, no. Like a... Like a sexual electricity," he shrugged nonchalantly. Dustin just replied with an 'oh' and I walked in front of them awkwardly as Steve was literally telling a child about sexual feelings. 'He's like, 13. I highly doubt a 13 year old knows about sexual electricity,' I thought cringing.

"You feel that and then you make your move," Steve told him confidently. Then they talked about whether you should kiss her or not and I got lost in my thoughts thinking about when me and Steve kissed. In the field at school. I smiled and looked down hiding my blush with my hair. I heard them talking about types of girls then Dustin asking Steve something.

"So, what type is (Y/N)?" Dustin asked.

"(Y/N), well, she's different. She's different than the other girls. She's special." Steve said and I could feel him staring at me, Dustin must have agreed because he muttered a 'yeah.' (Hehe I'm not like other girls 😳)