chapter nine: The Piggyback

outfit at the top is for the two days later sequence thing. for the majority of this chapter you're still in the outfit from the two previous ones.
Y/n POV:

Nancy spoke as we all sat in the RV, "Okay. I wanna run through it one more time. Phase one."

"We meet Erica at the playground," Robin said, "She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready."

"Phase two," Nancy looked at Steve.

"Max baits Vecna," Steve looked at me, "He'll go after her which'll put him in his trance." My least favorite phase.

"Phase three," She looked at Dustin.

"Me and Eddie draw the bats away," Eddie patted Dustin on the head. Oh yeah, Eddie decided to play his guitar to draw the bats away, but never told anyone what song he was playing. Only him and Dustin knew. It was 'top secret.'

"Phase four," She looked at me.

"We head into Vecna's newly bat-free lair, and...flambé," Robin shook her molotov cocktail, "Plus Nance and I get to shoot Vecna, which is nice."

Nancy gave me a small smile before continuing, "Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what. Got it?"

A chorus of, "Got it," could be heard throughout the RV. We all stepped out of the RV, Nancy and I had our guns strapped to our backs as we lead the group to Eddie's trailer. Steve went first, throwing up his backpack.

"Be careful," Dustin told him.

"Thanks, buddy," He began his climb, "Here goes nothing." Steve landed, impressively and Robin rolled her eyes.

"Whoa! What does he want us to do, applaud?" She whispered to Nancy who laughed. Steve then dragged the Upside Down version of Eddie's bed under the rope, similar to the Hawkins version, resulting in a safe landing.

"All right," He held onto the sheet, "Let's go."

I took my gun off my back and handed it to Nancy, Eddie placed his hand down giving me a lift. I nodded him a thanks as I pulled up. I landed on the bed with a gasp and Steve pulled me up.

"Gotcha," We were standing extremely close and if we weren't in the situation we were in, I would've kissed him. Robin threw mine and Nancy's guns down along with a hatchet, which Steve and I picked up. Nancy was the next to land, then Eddie, then the nail-shields, then Robin, then the spears and bookbags, then Dustin.

We all stepped out of the trailer with our respective items, Steve then turned to Eddie and Dustin.

"If things start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna," Steve paused, "Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something. Okay? You guys are just—"

"Decoys. Don't worry, you can be the hero, Steve," Dustin sighed. Poor Dustin.

"Absolutely. I mean, look at us," Eddie spoke, "We are not heroes." As Steve walked back, Eddie stepped forward.

"Hey, Hargrove?" I turned to face him, "Be careful."

"Same goes to you, Munson," I walked to him and handed him Billy's ring, "If anything happens, I want someone who appreciates this ring as much as I do to have it. What good would a ring that cool do staying on my dead body?"

"Don't talk like that, Y/n," He took the ring and put it on.

I gave him and Dustin a hug before going back to the three I was going to be with, "Both of you stay safe."