chapter eight: the battle of startcourt (p2)

Skip to 2:30 when I tell you to play the music; it adds to the atmosphere.
Y/n's POV:

While we (Max, Lucas, Mike, Will, El, Nancy, Jonathan, Steve, and I) were in the car Nancy was driving, we heard Dustin over the radio.

"Suzie, do you copy?" His voice called out, "Suzie, do you copy?" He repeated it once or twice more before he got a response.

"This is Suzie. I copy," She answered.

"Suzie!" He exclaimed, I looked over at Steve and gave him an 'I told you so,' look.

"Dusty-bun?" Suzie questioned and Steve whispered to me 'Dusty-bun?' I gave him a shrug. "Where have you been?"

"I'm so, so sorry. I--I've been really busy..." He paused and I wondered if his signal was cut off, "uh, trying to save the world from Russians and monsters."

She giggled, "Of course you have." I looked over at Max and the others who were still shocked that Suzie was a real person.

"Did you guys really think he lied about having a girlfriend?" I asked them. They all nodded.

"Kinda, yeah," Lucas muttered.

"Wha-why?" I sputtered.

"He said she was hotter than Pheobe Cates and was perfect," Lucas said, "Not possible, nobody's perfect." Max scoffed next to him and gave him a look. "Sorry, Max. You're perfect." I laughed at their interaction and looked out the window. I was then nudged by Steve.

"Where'd you get that?" He asked me, pointing to Billy's ring.

"Oh, Max gave it to me in the mall," I took off the ring to let Steve see it better, "It's Billy's."

Steve nodded, "Is that what you're worried about? Billy?"

"A little, yeah," I admitted, "But I'm just worried about everything." I looked back out the window to see that the Mind flayer was still chasing us. That's when I listened to the radio again and heard Dustin's voice.

"Okay, so listen, do you know Planck's Constant?" He asked Suzie.

"Do you know the Earth orbits the Sun?" She asked back sarcastically.

Dustin snickered, "Okay, so I know it starts with two sixes, and then a...W-what is it?"

"Okay, let me just be clear on this. I haven't heard from you in a week, and now you want a mathematical equation that you should know so you can...save the world?" She asked.

Dustin sighed, "Suzie-poo, I promise I will make it up to you as soon as possible."

"You can make it up to me now," I could practically hear her grin.

"What?" Dustin questioned.

"I want to hear it." Hear what?

"Not right now," Dustin tried to reason.

"Yes, now, Dusty-bun," Suzie argued.

"Suzie-poo, this is urgent," He panicked.

I turned to Steve and whispered, "Suzie-poo?"

"Yes, yes, you're saving the world, I heard you the first time, but Ged is also saving Earthsea and he's about to confront the shadow, so this is Suzie, signing off," A small click was heard.

"Wait, wait, wait! Okay," Dustin complied, "Okay, okay. Shit." Dustin sighed then began to sing.

"Turn around. Look at what you see. In her face, the mirror of your dreams." Then they began to harmonize.