chapter eight: The Mind Flayer (p1)

*still wearing the same outift*
*(Y/N)'s POV:*
I closed my eyes and imagined I was back home. I don't know why I just felt like being there. And then all of a sudden I was there. Like not physically there but I was there, somehow.

"Oh no," I muttered to myself once I saw my fathers car in the driveway and I heard music blasting from Billy's room, meaning he was going on a date.

"Billy!" I saw Susan knocking on his door looking worried. It's definitely about Max.

"Yeah, I'm a little busy in here, Susan," Billy replied.

"Open the door. Right now," I heard my father's booming voice. I went into my room since no one could hear me (obviously) and I was expecting to see my mom, but was left with nothing except my window open and wind drafting in. I guess she could tell it was Neil's car since Billy's was already in the street and left, again. I left, closing the door, and watched what went on with Billy and the adults.

"What's wrong?" Billy asked, obviously annoyed.

"Why don't you tell us?" My dad replied.

"Because I don't know," Billy rolled his eyes.

"We can't find Maxine," Susan said worried, "or (Y/N)."

"Where are they?" Dad asked yet another question.

"I don't know, but I do know that they're most likely together somewhere. They almost always are. So if you find one, there's a 99% chance you'll find the other," Billy was about to close his door but was stopped.

"You were supposed to watch Max," Dad said annoyed.

"I know, dad. I was," replied Billy, "It's just you guys were three hours late, and, well, I have a date," Billy sighed.

Then they started arguing and I looked away, at Susan's face. I knew from the start that she was oblivious to who my father really was, but once she really saw the person he was/is, she couldn't leave. She was there for us, me and Billy. He never touched Max, he knew better not to. But whenever he got physical with either one of us she would tell him to stop because she thought he'd listen to her, but she was wrongly mistaken. He doesn't listen to anybody. The only person he ever listened to was mom. But he doesn't know she's here.

She was telling him to stop, but he wouldn't listen. I looked to see what was happening and there he was, holding Billy up against a wall and yelling at him.

"He's gonna call whatever whore he's seeing tonight, and cancel their date. And then, he's gonna go find his sisters. Like the good, kind, respectful brother that he is," I had enough of his talking and just zoned back out to where my body physically was, in the bus.

"You okay? You just blanked out for a while there," Max laughed. I looked at her like 'this isn't the time to laugh'. We started to walk on the tracks once the things left and they started talking about if the thing was Dart or not.

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asked unsure.

"Yes. He had the exact same yellow pattern on his butt," Dustin responded.

"He was tiny two days ago," Max said in disbelief.

"Well, he's molted three times already," Dustin replied.

"Malted?" Steve asked.

"Molted," I corrected him, "shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms." Dustin looked at me with a 'wow' look.

"What? Not every girl is a dumb bimbo who only cares about what guys think of her," I shrugged and Max high-fived me. Then they started talking about how he's gonna molt again and Steve's smart self decided to tell everyone he ate a cat.

"Dart ate a cat?" Lucas turned Dustin to face him and everyone stopped walking.

"No, what? No," Dustin shook his head.

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews," Steve said completely oblivious to everything. I literally face-palmed at his stupidity.

"Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asked.

"It's Dustin's cat," Steve said again.

"STEVE!" Me and Dustin yelled.

Lucas and Dustin started arguing and I looked at Steve with a mean scowl in my face. He is so dead. Steve and I both heard a weird noise in the woods and looked at the trees with our flashlights, and started walking. The kids shortly followed us, putting the argument on hold.

"I think there's something in the woods," I heard a familiar voice say. 'Nancy?' I thought.

"Hello? Who's there?" Another yelled. 'Jonathan?'

Once we all came out they looked at each other then us.

"Steve?" They said at the same time, "(Y/N)?"

"Nancy?" Steve asked and walked toward them.

"Jonathan," I said and ran up to him to give him a hug. We weren't super close but we were pretty close. I would sometimes go over his house and talk to Will and then talk to Jonathan. So I would consider us close friends, but not best friends. Not yet.

"What are you doing here?" Steve and Nancy asked each other. I zoned out of the conversation again, but I heard screams coming from the building and a weird feeling washed over me.

*Third Person POV:*
Bob and Claire were in the hospital, reprogramming/disarming the door system on the computer. They finally got it and Owens gave them the clear to go. They were walking down the halls with flashlights and Claire was listening to everything from the radio. They then heard a demo-dog thing and hid in one of the janitor closets. They then started running as one was chasing them and (Y/N) had ran to Joyce just in time to finally see her mom again.

Bob and Claire were able to escape and close the doors in time so none of them got in.

*(Y/N) POV:*

"Bob," Joyce said with a smile on her face.

"Mom!" I yelled and almost ran to give her a hug when Hopper pulled me back. I looked at him and was confused, hearing the faint beating on the doors in the background. Just then two demo-dogs came in, one jumping on Bob, the other on my mom. Joyce and my screams started to fill the room. Hopper backed away from me and I dropped to the floor. My mom was still holding off her demo-dog but Bob's was tearing him apart. Hopper grabbed a gun and shot at Bob's demo-dog. And then my mom's but then more came and I saw her getting ripped apart by those things. I ran out of there, feeling nauseous.

I was heaving, my breathing increased and tears streaming down my face. I guess all that running finally caught up to me because the little bit of bandaging I had on my thigh from the cut finally opened back up and it started to sting. I clenched onto my necklace as I got into one of the cars and I heard a bunch of commotion until I passed out, again.