chapter five: The Nina Project

Same outfit as the past few chapters.
Also! I have an editing account on tiktok, the username is scrcnity if anyone wants to follow it!
Y/n's POV:

We were all sleeping in the Wheeler's basement when the sound of Eddie trying to contact Dustin over the walkie was heard. Nancy was the first one to fully wake up, I followed shortly after. I didn't get much sleep in all honesty, knowing I would be facing the same thing that Max had to the day prior.

"Earth to Dustin," Eddie spoke.

"Hey, it's Nancy," She answered. I groaned and got up, not bothering to listen to the conversation. I walked over to the bathroom that was in the basement, so I didn't have to risk waking anyone else up from the sound of the door opening or the steps creaking. I looked at myself in the mirror and was shocked by what I saw. Streaky mascara that was all over the place, dried drool, under eye bags, you name it, I had it. I turned on the sink and quickly washed my face.

I walked back into the basement to see Nancy was still talking to Eddie and Dustin, who was on Max and Y/n watch, was fast asleep and not watching either of us, "Nance, uh, where did Max go?"

She looked over with a panicked expression, "Hey, I'm gonna have to call you back." She turned the walkie off and woke Dustin up, "Dustin!"

"Hm," He stirred awake.

"Wake up," She shoved him slightly.

"What?" He asked groggily. I stood by, watching the interaction with my arms crossed.

"Aren't you supposed to be on Max and Y/n watch?" Nancy asked him.

"Yep. Yep, yep, yep," Dustin rubbed his eyes.

"Well, where's Max then?" I sarcastically questioned him.

"She's right there," He motioned toward the empty spot, "A second ago. I swear I just dozed off for... an hour." The three of us rushed upstairs and into the kitchen, where we saw Karen Wheeler making breakfast and Max sitting at the table. Nancy and I sighed in relief when we saw Max was okay.

"Morning, guys," Mrs. Wheeler greeted us, "Everything okay?"

"Yeah," Nancy said, "Yeah, everything's okay." Max looked back and I took a seat next to her.

"I think it's so sweet that you guys are sticking together like this," Karen placed pancakes on a plate.

"Could try sticking together at a different house for a change," Mr. Wheeler grumbled. I rolled my eyes at his comment. I looked over Max's shoulder and saw what she was drawing, it looked like pieces of a house but in red. Like there was a door but the lighting, or rather shading, was a deep, blood red.

"You know you're welcome here anytime," Mrs. Wheeler said directing it at both Dustin and I, to which I just smiled at her.

Nancy sat on the other side of Max, "Hey."

"You guys okay?" She asked both of us.

"I'm just glad that Max is okay, and I'm patiently awaiting my fate," I sighed.

"Just couldn't sleep. People kept blasting music in my ears, for some reason," Max looked down at her drawings, "But Holly let me borrow some of her crayons. We've been having a fun morning, right, Holly?"

"Mm-hmm," The young girl nodded.

"That looks familiar," I picked up the one drawing that contained a long stairway, "I think I saw that in my dream last night."

"What happened in the dream?" Nancy asked me.

"I- I don't remember," I shook my head, "It's vague now, but I think Vecna was talking to me? I don't know, but this place looks familiar."