chapter five: Dig Dug (p2)

*You're wearing the same outfit as the last chapter.*
*also I tried finding Billy's moms name but I couldn't find it so I gave her the name Claire.*
*(Y/N) POV:*
Steve was driving, I was in the passenger seat, and Dustin was in the backseat. It was quiet for a while after I told them why I always where my necklace. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

"Well, that's a pretty necklace," Steve said finally breaking the silence and watching the road.

"Thanks," I said leaning my head on the window. Then it got quiet again. Will this car ride ever end?

*El's POV:*
"Like this?" She asked me holding up the towel she cut in half.

I nodded my head, "Yes."

The static was playing behind me on the TV and I sat criss-cross on the floor.

"It's okay if I sit here, right?" She asked me.

"Yes," I said putting on the makeshift blindfold.

"And I won't mess it up or anything?" She asked me.

"No," I told her.

"Okay." She stopped talking for a second, "if you talk to Terry, will you tell her that I love her very much?" She asked me. "And that I'm sorry I didn't believe-"

"Stop talking," I cut her off.

"Okay, sorry," she said.

"Breathe. Sunflower. Rainbow," Terry said, "Three to the right. Four to the left. Four-fifty. Breathe." I was in an all black place. I couldn't see anything clearly and just walked forward. Then I saw Terry rocking back and forth in her chair. I could hear Terry repeating the phrase 'breathe, sunflower, rainbow.'

"Mama?" I tried catching her attention. "Mama, it's me... Jane," I walked closer to her, "I'm here now," I told her. "I'm home." She looked at me as soon as I said that and grabbed my arm.

"No," she said holding my arm.

"Mama!" I yelled. I saw her walking in pain and ran to her when she fell to the ground. "Mama! Mama!"

"Oh, my baby!" She yelled.

"What do I do?" I asked her, "Mama, what do I do? Help me!"

"Breathe. Breathe," I heard Becky say. I saw a baby being born, a hospital room with sunflowers in a vase. I saw mama being taken off the hospital bed she was on. I saw a lock and then mama taking a gun out. I saw her shoot a man. I saw her looking through rooms to find me. I saw her go to a room that had 2 little girls. One was me and the other was a darker skinned girl. Then I saw mama being dragged away. Then I saw her being shocked with some thing and a rubber thing in her mouth to stop her screaming I guess. Then it all played fast and over and over again and I took the blind fold off breathing heavily.

*Claire's POV:*
I was determined to find my kids again, I needed to. To talk to them or something. I needed to tell (Y/N) the truth about why she was taken and what happened. I needed to tell her that I was working with the scientists that gave her those powers. I needed to tell both of them. She would probably hate me the rest of her life and I know it. I'm a terrible mother!

"Claire," my new boyfriend, Fred tried talking to me.

"What!" I raised my voice at him. I was trying to find my kids and he wasn't helping at all. All he was doing was eating chicken. (Him and Ted would be best friends lmao.)

"I was going to ask you if you knew where Neil moved them, that's where you should start," he suggested. This dumbass-

"Listen here! If I knew where they moved don't you think I would have already tried to find them there? Well I don't know where the moved to so I won't know where they are!" I yelled at him in frustration. He glared at me. "Get out."

"What?" He asked.

"I said, GET OUT!" I yelled at him. This was my apartment I could do whatever I wanted. He rolled his eyes and got in his car and drove off. Probably to a bar. He was an alcoholic. A chicken loving no good alcoholic. I made some phone calls and found out they recently moved to a place called Hawkins in Indiana. I packed some things like clothes and took all the money I had left. I had about three thousand dollars. I booked a plane for the next day and I drove off to a motel I could stay in that night that was near the airport. Before I left I wrote Fred a note. I explained to him why I left, and where I was going. I told him that we were over and I was tired of his bullshit. I'm going to find my kids, and nothing is going to stop me.

Hey! Sorry for the shorter chapter, I just finished editing all the mistakes I made in the writing. Also as I publish this I'm currently updating chapter 6: the spy. Bye guys! -Crixbabyy 💖💖.