chapter three: The Monster and The Superhero

Same outfit as last chapter because I'm obsessed with it.
Y/n's POV:

"What does he like anyway?" Steve asked Dustin and I as we walked down the snacks isle. Max and Robin were in the drinks isle and would be going to the canned goods as well.

"I know he likes potato chips," I told him.

"But what kind?" Steve asked and I sighed as Dustin through a bunch of chips into the cart.

"No literally just plain potato chips," I picked up a bag and put it in the cart.

"Oh," Steve muttered. We walked down until we got to the candy section, and I got a Twix bar for Eddie while Dustin got him a bunch of things including, but not limited to, Skittles, M&M's, Three Musketeers (Those were definitely for Dustin), and Sour Candies. Steve picked up f/c and handed it to me.

"Eddie doesn't like f/c?" I put it back, but Steve stopped me.

"I'm getting it for you, Y/n," He stopped moving the cart, "Look, I'm sorry. I know I messed up but-"

"I mean this in the nicest way possible, shut the fuck up and apologize later. We can focus on your mistakes at a later time, but now I'm focusing on doing this," Okay so maybe I overreacted, but I wasn't focusing on this trip. I was focusing on how long I had left until I died. Somehow, someway this thing was connected to how Chrissy died, and I was next. Besides, candy wasn't going to fix shit.

"Yeah, right, sorry," He muttered as he continued to move the cart, Dustin was a little ahead of us. I walked a little ahead, next to Dustin, and we met up with the girls. Steve, Robin, and I split paying for everything and packed it all into the car, this time I sat in the front with Steve and Robin was in the back with Max and Dustin.

.

We unloaded everything from the car and each of us carried what we could, which was decently enough. We walked down to the shed where Dustin slammed the door open, and Eddie practically jumped out of his skin.

"Delivery service," Dustin said with a smile, holding up his bags. We placed out the bags in order of canned goods/nonperishables (pudding, beans, things like that so he could have somewhat of actual food), then snacks, then candy, then finally drinks. Eddie went straight for the snacks, grabbing a box of honeycomb cereal.

"So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news," I said, "How do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first, always," Eddie said, taking a drink.

"All right. Bad news," I turned to Dustin, preferring for him to explain since he knew what he was talking about.

"We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you," Dustin explained, "Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy."

"Like, 100% kind of convinced," Max added.

"And the good news?" Eddie asked us.

"Your name hasn't gone public yet," Robin told him, "But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do, too."

"And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded, hive-brain, bandwagon jumping mother is gonna be gunning for you," I warned him.

"Hunt the freak, right?" He asked sarcastically.

"Exactly," Robin agreed.

"Shit," Eddie muttered.

"So, before that happens, we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocent," Dustin planned it out.