chapter nine: The Gate (p2)

warning, long chapter ahead 🙃
also, the outfit at the top is for the prom/dance part, go back a few chapter if you don't remember what you're wearing.
also play the song when i tell you to.
*(Y/N) POV:*
Steve punched Billy in the face. Holy shit.

"Steve!" I yelled. He didn't even look back at me, his eyes were fixed on Billy, waiting for his next move. Billy started laughing maniacally and said,

"Looks like you got some fire in you after all, huh? I've been waiting to meet this 'King Steve' everybody's been telling me so much about." He got up in Steve's face. I stood in-front of all the kids with my arms out.

"Get out," Steve pushed Billy with his finger. Before I could even blink Billy swing at Steve and he ducked the punch. Then he proceeded to punch Billy in the face again.

"Yes! Kick his ass Steve!" Dustin cheered him on.

"Get him!" I heard Mike. I pretended it didn't bother me. I mean, yeah he's a total dickhead, but he's still my brother. I definitely don't agree with 3/4 of the shit he's done (or really any of it) but he's still family. But the again, he did deserve to get his ass beat.

Steve was able to punch him again knocking Billy on the ground for a second when I heard Dustin speak again, "Murder the son of a bitch!" I looked back at him with a "seriously dude?" look. They kept fighting back and forth for a while. Until Billy grabbed a plate and slammed it on Steve's head, giving him an advantage.

"STEVE!" I screamed.

"BILLY!" Max yelled.

"Holy shit," Mike said.

Billy went to hit Steve, but Steve moves out of the way and Billy fell into a shelf.

"No one tells me what to do," Billy slammed his forehead on Steve's, knocking him down. At this point we were all yelling at Steve, telling him to get up and fight back, but it was no use. Billy was already on top of him. As Billy started punching Steve in the face, I grabbed the bat, and Max grabbed a syringe. We looked at each other for a quick second before I nodded.

Max stuck the syringe into Billy's neck, making him dazed.

"What the hell is this? You little shit. What did you do? What did you do?" Was the last thing he said before he fell to the ground next to Steve.

I brought the bat in an upwards position, as if I was going to swing it and said, "From here on out, you will leave me, Max, her friends and my friends alone. Do you understand?"

He just looked up at me, "Screw you."

Okay, no more miss nice girl. I slammed the bat with nails into the floor between his legs and brought it back up, hearing a snap from where the wood now had splinters. "Say you understand! Say it! Say it!" I yelled at him.

"I understand," he grumbled.

"What? I'm gonna need you to speak up a little bit, I can't really hear you," I glared at him. How is he so nice one day, and then about to kill everyone the next??

"I understand." He spike a little louder. I threw the bat down and turned around, seeing everyone staring at me with wide eyes. Mike's jaw was practically on the floor, Dustin looked like this was the coolest thing he'd ever seen, Lucas was just frozen, and Max rolled her eyes at the boy's expressions.

Max took his keys and said "Let's get out of here." Okay, I know what you're thinking. "Why don't you just drive?" and "Why are you letting a 13 year old drive?" Because I didn't feel like it. And she wasn't the worst driver ever.

"Can a girl get some help?" I asked the boys as I grabbed Steve's limo body. Max had the car already on and running by the time we got Steve in the car. She started driving down the road, going back to the junkyard as Mike, Dustin and I sat in the back with Steve. Lucas was shotgun. I held a bag of ice on Steve's unconscious head.