chapter seven: The Massacre at Hawkins Lab

same outfit as last chapter.
Y/n's POV:

I clutched the paddle as I swung at one of the bats that was attacking Steve. 

"Quick, hold it, Robin!" I demanded.

"Get it!" Steve shouted.

"Kill it! Kill it!" Eddie yelled.

As Robin held the bat down by its, tail? I hit it repeatedly with the paddle's handle. As I was attempting to kill this bat, Eddie swung at quite a few himself as Nancy tried stomping on the one I was stabbing at.

"Y/n, behind you! Watch out!" Eddie yelled and I didn't even get to turn before I was greeted by a bat. In my back. I screamed as it attacked me, Robin attempting to get it off of me as Nancy kept trying to kill the bat on Steve.

"Robin, get it off me!" I shouted.

"I'm trying!" She pulled on the bat.

Eddie swung at another bat, sending it flying. Nancy was then able to get the bat off of Steve by wounding its tail and Steve got up taking deep breaths. Robin finally got the bat off of me and threw it to the ground.

"Y/n!" She shouted as I picked up the paddle.

"Go to hell!" I slammed the paddle down on the bat a few times and killed it.

Steve swung around another bat, attempting to kill it as Eddie swung at more bats like he was playing baseball.

"Come on, come on, come on, you son of a bitch!" He hit the bat. "I said come on! Let's go!" We all stared at Steve who was, brutally might I add, swinging a bat to the ground, killing it. He then ripped it in half.

"Steve," I rushed over to him, "Are you okay?"

"As good as I can be," He spit out some blood.

"Jesus H. Christ!" Eddie slammed his paddle on the ground.

I groaned as I looked at his wounded abdomen, "Ugh."

"Looks like they took about a pound of flesh," He coughed. 

Nancy and Robin were inspecting the dead bats.

"Uh, do you guys think these bats have, like, rabies?" Robin asked.

"What?" Steve asked.

"It's just that rabies are, like, my number one greatest fear. And I think we should probably get you to a doctor soon because once the symptoms set in, it's too late. You're already dead," Robin rambled.

"Robin," Nancy called out.

"Yeah?" Robin answered.

"You're rambling again," Robin closed her mouth and nodded.

"Sorry," She apologized. Then we heard a bunch of screeching noises and looked up at the red sky to see, you guessed it, more bats. There were around five or six.

"All right. There's not that many," Steve counted, "We can take 'em. Right?" A swarm had made its way towards us.

"Six, seven? Maybe. An entire swarm? We're screwed," I whisper-shouted. 

"The woods. Come on," Nancy dragged us.

"Great. More running," Robin groaned. Tell me about it.

As we ran into the woods, I remembered my missing Walkman. Not only were there these weird killer bats, but my Walkman was gone leaving me defenseless is Vecna decided to Vecna me or whatever and a pit formed in the bottom of my stomach. I could die today. We were hiding under Skull Rock as we waited for the bats to pass by. They did, luckily, and I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.