chapter six: The Dive

Y/n's POV:

My breath was shaking as Lucas and Steve helped me up from the ground. There was a slight discomfort in my right foot, but it would've been worse if Steve hadn't broken the fall.

"Thanks, guys," I gave Lucas a smile as I held onto Steve. Lucas nodded as a way to say, 'you're welcome.'

"Is your foot okay?" Steve asked and I nodded.

"It doesn't hurt that bad, only when I put too much pressure on it," I shrugged it off.

"Are you okay?" Max came over to me and I once again nodded.

"I'm fine," I smiled, "I'm just glad we knew what to do." I noticed the song had stopped playing and I stuffed the Walkman back in my pocket. I should be fine for now.

"We should go, now," Nancy said, "I don't want to be in this house longer than I have to be."

"I second that," Dustin raised his hand. A chorus of 'yeah,' and 'same,' could be heard throughout our group. We all rushed out of the Creel house, I took a slighter longer time with my foot even with assistance, but we piled into Nancy's car, and she drove everybody to our houses.

"Bye, see you guys tomorrow," I said as Max and I waved to the few remaining in the car, Nancy, Robin, and Lucas. They all lived relatively close, so they opted to be the final destinations. They all waved back as we walked through the front door.

It was late, like midnight late, so it wasn't a shocker to see Susan passed out on the couch. Beer cans littered the floor around her, and I sighed.

"Go to bed, I'll clean this up," I told Max as I began picking up crushed up cans. She headed straight for our room, and I finished cleaning up the living room. I did everything I had to for my night routine, and it was lights out after that.

.

I sat in between Lucas and Max, which wasn't super awkward since it seemed like they had made up the previous day at the Creel House, but it was just slightly awkward since Lucas looked upset that he wasn't going to be able to talk to Max. Sorry, Lucas.

Max and I both had our Walkmen on us and playing our songs. Not to brag or anything, but I totally knew Max would like Kate Bush. Even though Freddie Mercury's absolutely amazing voice was blasting, I could still hear the conversation that was occurring throughout the car.

"Not to be a wimp, but can I sit in the car for this visit? 'Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck," Robin whined from the front. As much as I loved her, she was going to have to get used to these weird missions we went on. The second you get roped into this nonsense; you're stuck for life.

"It'll be fine," Nancy brushed her off. By this point I had stopped the cassette and taken the headphones off.

"I can't stand to see those full eyes of Eddie's break again. I really, really can't," Robin shook her head.

"At least he can drink himself into feeling better," Steve crunched on a chip. I hit him upside the head and gave him a look. Drinking was not the solution to anything. I have a track history of knowing alcoholic's whose lives got worse with drinking.

"That's what my mom does," Max looked over at me and I sighed. She was right. Susan was a bit of a binge drinker. At least she's not an angry drunk.

"Why don't we just give it a trial?" Robin spoke as Nancy scoffed. I could tell Nancy wasn't a fan of Robin, which threw me off slightly since Robin didn't really do or say much to her in the first place. Maybe she could be a little talkative, but that's just who Robin is, I thought as yet another Robin Ramble was about to begin. I could tell by the way her mouth moved; it was not planning on stopping, "'Hey, Eddie. Uh, good news first this time. We got you some Dustin-approved junk food and that six-pack you requested. Oh yeah, and we found Vecna. Only the bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension, that we told you about and the gate's closed, so we have no way of getting to him. He's entirely shut off to us, so basically, you're screwed. And, no, I know you were already screwed, but now you're doubly, triply screwed. Oh, yeah, and he cursed/tried to kill one of your best friends.'"