chapter two: The Mall Rats (p1)

new outfit
[y/n] pov:
"Have a nice day," I heard Robin say un-enthusiastically to the couple.

"Thank you," the woman said.

"Hi," Dustin walked up.

"Hi," Robin said.

"I'm Dustin."

"I'm Robin."

"Pleasure to meet you. Uh, is,— is he here?" He asked.

"Is who here?" That's when Steve burst through the door leading to the back room.

"Henderson!" They both started laughing. I smiled and playfully rolled my eyes at the boys. "Henderson! He's back! He's back!"

"I'm back. You got the job!"

"I got the job!" they did a weird, handshake?

"Hey, I got the job too! He's not that special." I playfully glared at Dustin.

"How many children are you guys friends with?" Robin asked.

"Well, about seven," I answered.

"Seven? But there's only six kids?" Steve looked at me confused.

"Yeah. Technical kids. You're the seventh," I punched his shoulder. "Hell, they all act older than you, and you're nineteen!" He just stuck his tongue out at me. Real mature. I got Dustin some ice cream with toppings and him and Steve were talking at a table/booth right at the end of the shop.

They were talking about Dustin's new girlfriend, who he claimed is hotter than Phoebe Cates. Dustin said something about him getting to eat all the ice cream he wants.

"Yeah. I mean, sure. It's not really a good idea for me, though," Steve said leaning his arm on the ledge of the booth. "I gotta keep in shape for my lady."

"Yeah, and how's that working out for you?" Robin joked. I punched her shoulder laughing along with her. They went back to talking.

"So, how are you and lover boy?" Robin emphasized on 'lover boy'.

"We're doing good, I guess. I mean, I still haven't told him this thing that I'm keeping a secret from him. BUT it's for a good reason," I sighed. She gave me a confused look. Shit, she doesn't know.

"What is it? If you don't mind telling me, of course," She asked. I whispered it in her ear and she gave me a 'no way' look. 

"Yeah," I scooped myself some (ice cream flavor) in a cup/cone and ate some. The cravings got stronger and stronger each day. At least there's no more morning sickness or throwing up as much.

"When do you think you'll tell him?" She asked me as we watched the boys talk.

"Maybe when were in a life or death situation. Or when I start showing, like noticeably," I rested my head on my hand. I looked at the time and saw that I was supposed to be with Max in 10 minutes helping her with practice tricks on her skateboard.

"I gotta run, I'll see you tomorrow?" I said running out of Scoops.

"Yeah," I barely heard as I turned the corner.

~ time skip brought to you by Mrs. Driscoll eating fertilizer 🙈✨~

I was sitting on the sidewalk watching Max do tricks, eating an apple. (there's a storm where i am rn, i live in jersey, and it's really bad 💀 so if this takes forever to like load or whatever i'm sorry.) She missed the landing on one of her tricks as her skateboard skidded down the road.

"Shit," she muttered chasing the board. I followed her. Just as Max was about to pick up the board, I saw El holding it.

"Hi," she said in a monotone voice.

"Hi?" Max asked/said confused.

"Hey," I waved.

El looked at Max then me and said, "Can we talk?"

We were talking about how Mike totally blew her off and lied about why he couldn't see her.

"And then he said he— missed me. And then he just hung up." Max was pacing back and forth in her room and I was sitting next to El pondering about what to do. I've only had maybe 2 boyfriends in my lifetime, including Steve, but my advice was the best of the best.

"He's a piece of shit," Max said.

"What?" El looked at her as if she grew two heads.

"She's not wrong. I mean, that's a really shitty thing to do," I shrugged.

"Mike doesn't have jack shit to do today-"

"And his nana obviously isn't sick." I cut Max off.

"I guarantee you, him and Lucas are playing Atari right now."

"But friends don't lie," she looked confused.

"But boyfriends do." I looked at El.

"All. The. Time."

"Oh yeah. And then they come crawling back to you apologizing like they threw you in a pit of lava," I got on my hands and knees like I was begging, "'Oh please forgive me, I'm so sorry. I should've never done that.' Boohoo, just don't lie." The girls laughed at my imitation.

"And you're going to stop calling him. You're going to ignore his calls. As far as you're concerned, he doesn't exist." Max looked El straight in the eyes.

"Doesn't, exist?" She asked.

"Completely wiped off the face of the Earth," I nodded.

"He treated you like garbage," Max pointed out and I nodded.

"Now you're going to treat HIM like garbage. Give him a taste of his own medicine," I high-fived Max.

"Give him the medicine?" El asked.

"All of it," I smirked.

"Mm-hmm. And if he doesn't fix this, if he doesn't explain himself, dump his ass," Max's eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas day. She's evil. She learned from the best.

"Hell yeah, how about we go to the mall, a day without boys. Just us girls hanging out. I'll pay," I suggested. The younger girls looked at each other and nodded, I wish i knew what went through a 14 year old girls mind. Oh wait. I did. I was a 14 year old girl once. They obviously were going to say yes, because they didn't have to pay. Hell, I'd say yes if I didn't have to pay.

"Okay, we'll go," El said.

~ Another time skip brought by anonymous leaking secrets about the government 🙈 ~

We stepped off the bus looking at the big mall in front of us.

"So, what do you think?" Max asked.

"Hey, what's wrong," I asked.

"Too many people, against the rules," She said looking anxious.

"Seriously? You have superpowers. What's the worst that could happen?" Max reassured her. She smiled at us and we all walked into the mall.

IM LITERALLY SO SORRY! I know I was gone for a while, and I apologize for that. Every time I would make a whole chapter (I did the whole entire episode and not half like I did here 3 times) and each time it wouldn't save. I have made over 10 different versions of this chapter and none of them saved so I made this one in notes and copy and pasted it onto here. I'm praying this works because if it doesn't I'll cry. I still don't know if I should stick with Griswold or should I go with Scoops next episode? Just sorry again for the small hiatus, and I'm really happy to be back. Love you guys, and thank you for supporting the story by voting it! ~ crixbabyy 💗