chapter three: The Case of the Missing Lifeguard (p3)

Y/n's POV;
I walked my way to work and was surprised to see Steve already there and opening the shop.

"Morning Steve," I walked towards the back to put my bag there.

"Goodmorning Y/n. Want any ice cream?" He offered.

     "Yes please, lately I've been craving chocolate chocolate chip ice cream," I laughed.

"Craving like pregnant women crave things?" He joked and I froze.

"Haha," I nervously laughed along.

"If I keep eating this ice cream I'm going to start looking like a pregnant lady," Steve handed me the cup with the chocolate chocolate chip ice cream scooped in it and I thanked him.

"Who says you don't already look like a pregnant lady?" I smirked as I ate some ice cream. (I feel like I keep using ice cream a lot and it's bothering me lol).

"Ouch, that bruised my ego," He got fake upset.

"Hopefully it means you'll stop flirting with random girls who walk in here and flirt with me-" We both got quiet after I blurted that out. The only sounds that were heard between us were the fan whirring, keeping everything cold, and the scraping sound of my plastic spoon against the cup.

     I got up from where I was seated to throw away my things in the trash. Which was, of course, right next to Steve. I could feel his eyes following me as I dumped the cup and spoon into the trash can. I turned to leave, but I didn't. I stayed there and I then turned to face Steve.

     "Do you still like me?" Steve asked me.

     "No. I still love you, Steve," I looked at him. We inched closer and closer, our faces centimeters away, right as the bell dinged and we jumped away from each-other and turned around to see Robin walking into Scoops.

     "'Sup loser and cooler loser," She fist bumped me.

     "Nothing," Steve and I replied in unison. She gave us a weird look before shrugging it off and turning the sign on the door from "closed" to "open."

I dragged Steve to the back room as Robin was finding a way to keep the door open since we recently lost our door stopper.

"Do you still like me?" I asked.

"I still love you too, Y/n. Not like, love," We stared at each other again.

"We can't keep doing this. Confessing our love, having a moment, and then going back to pretending like the other doesn't exist. So we can either just drop it all or-" I was cut off with him kissing me.

He stared into my eyes, "Please give me another chance. I don't want to continue this cycle, I love you," I smiled.

"I love you too," We walked out into the front and I scooped a little bit of ice cream for the first customers of the morning. A mom and her son. Which reminded me of my situation.

"Here you go, that will be $7.50," I handed them their ice cream.

     "Shoot, I'm a little short. I only have $5.00 on me, but you can take mine back-" I shook my head.

     "Keep the $5, it'll be on the house. I'll just take it out of my paycheck. It's no problem, I promise," I gave the boy and his mom a smile.

     "Oh, thank you so much," She thanked me multiple times before leaving.

     "You and the doofus back together yet?" Robin said coming out of nowhere.

     "Jeez, give me a warning next time. And yes, we are," She high-fived me.

     "Good job, dude. Now when are you going to tell him about the burden you're keeping?" I scoffed.

     "It's not a burden. It just came out of nowhere and is not the best thing to happen to me right now," Robin gave me a look, "Okay, maybe it is a burden. But, no, I have not told him yet. I am planning on it, though."

     "Good, it's not like you can tell him now, though. He left with one of your adopted children," I nodded. Dustin, he was his absolute favorite out of all of them. They were still looking for the Russian thing or whatever.

By the time I finish this season, season 4 will be released lol.