chapter six: The Spy (p1)

*Your wearing the same outfit as the last couple chapters.*
*Also I love Joji sm lmao.*
*(Y/N) POV:*
As Steve was driving to Dustin's house where he said we needed to go, the song "Hammer To Fall" was playing and besides the music, there was no other noise. Nobody spoke for a while.

"Here we stand or here we fall," the radio sang.

"Wait a sec. How big?" Steve asked Dustin. (that's what she said.) They we're talking about some creature thing that ate Dustin's cat, Mews.

"First it was like that," Dustin said holding up his pointer and thumb to show a small size, "Now he's like this." He held both his hands at a big distance, showing that this thing was huge.

"That's, uh, pretty big man," I said slightly scared of whatever the hell we were going to see. Man I just wish I was at home right now talking to Max about stupid boys.

"I swear to God, guys, it's just some little lizard, okay?" Steve said looking over at me then back at Dustin.

"From what Dustin was showing with his hands that 'little lizard' is probably enormous!" I exclaimed. I didn't want to die. And if I did I would haunt Steve the rest of his life for driving me to my eternal doom. (Overdramatic ass, but also me.)

"Well, it's not a lizard," Dustin rolled his eyes.

"How do you know?" Me and Steve asked at the same time.

"How do I know if it's not?" Dustin commented.

"How do you know it's not just a lizard?" Steve said. Then they started arguing.

"Hey! Shut. The. Fuck. Up! Right now I don't know who's the adult and who's the kid! Steve focus on the road, and Dustin, well, I don't know just tell us more about this thing," I huffed.

"'That thing's' face opened up and ate my cat," Dustin explained. Oh shit.

When we got there, Steve opened up his trunk and threw his keys to Dustin. Then he brought out this baseball bag that had, nails? Sticking out every which way at the top, and then he slammed his trunk shut. We walked over to Dustin's basement door thing that's outside his house, and Steve shone his flashlight on it.

"I don't hear shit," Steve said.

"Me either," I chimed in.

"He's in there," Dustin told us.

Steve tapped on the metal doors lightly with his bat, then he banged on it once and nothing happened. "All right, listen, kid. I swear, if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're dead," he shined his flashlight directly on Dustin's face.

"It's not," Dustin reassured him.

"All right?" Steve said.

"It's not a prank," Dustin said.

"Jesus, what are you? His mom? It's not a prank nor a joke, now why don't we just go in there tomorrow morning when everyone is fully energized and armed?" I suggested. I was just tired, and I'm pretty sure my period started, woohoo! I didn't have a pad or anything on me so I really just wanted to go home.

"Or, I go in with my bat and see what's in there. You got a key for this thing?" He asked Dustin. Dustin got him the key for the basement and gave them to Steve.

"Wait! Before you go in there, I just wanted to give you a good luck kiss?" Then I kissed his cheek. That's what you get for not taking me home, bitch. I could see him blush a little even in the dark. He opened up the doors and grabbed his flashlight from Dustin who was visibly shaking. I stood a little further back away from them and watched in the distance. Steve called Dustin down there and he went. I sighed and sat against a tree. Then someone pulled me away and before I could scream they covered my mouth and dragged me further into the woods. What the fuck? What the fuck! What the fuck?!?!? I turned around once the person let me go and saw, my mom?

"Mom? I thought you were dead!" I smiled.

"No, you're asshole of a father probably made up some shit story, I'm sorry for doing that weird kidnap-ish type thing, but I wanted to see you and I found you! In Indiana? Really? Why couldn't he pick like Florida or something?" My mom laughed, I laughed too, it was nice seeing my mom again.

"I wear the necklace you gave me everyday, I almost never take it off unless I'm taking a shower or I'm cleaning it," I said.

"How's Billy? Is he still into basketball? Does he have a girlfriend? Do you have a boyfriend?" My mom asked all these questions.

"He's doing fine, mom, but I bet he wants to see you. No he doesn't have a girlfriend but he flirts with every girl he sees, and I don't have a boyfriend, well, I don't know what you'd call it. I mean me and him have kissed already and I think he was going to ask me out earlier but we got interrupted by something. Come home with me, please. Billy wants to see you so bad I can feel it, Neil isn't even home anyway, neither is Max's mom," I told her.

"I guess one night couldn't hurt, but I won't be staying here long, but I just wanted to talk to you about what happened when you were little, when you got kidnapped. Do you were taken by this lab, they have labs like this all over America and some in Canada. They do experiments on kids from when they are little like around your age when you were taken or they even start from infants. And you were taken by the one in California that was run by some Brenner guy, but once I got you out of there he ditched the place and relocated where he would work. But the thing if you weren't taken. I kinda maybe, sort of, handed you over? And let them do experiments on you?" She explained.

"Mom! Are you serious?" I yelled at her.

"The only reason I did it was because if I didn't then they would have killed all of us. And I even payed them to make sure you were safe and nothing happened to you other than the experiments," My mom tried to cover up. (What is this? A Wattpad fan fiction about being sold to One Direction because your mom doesn't have enough money for drugs?) I rolled my eyes. I made my way back over to where Dustin and Steve were and I said goodbye to them and told them I would talk to them tomorrow. But before I could leave, Steve walked over to me and kissed me. Not on the cheek, but the lips. It was soft I guess if I had to put it into words. Then I woke up and I was back on my bed with my laptop opened to "Stranger Things" on Netflix. I'm kidding. Obviously. Then we pulled away and smiled, then I went over to Dustin and hugged him because he's my favorite out of the group and like a little brother to me. Then I left and walked over to my mom's car and we drove to my house. Nobody else's car was there besides Billy's. We walked into the house and I quietly knocked on Billy's door.

"What is- mom?" He rubbed his eyes. They hugged for a little while and I let them catch up on whatever and I went to bed in my room. Everything was perfect and nothing could ruin it.