chapter three: The Pollywog (p1)

*(Y/N) POV:*
I woke up in an unfamiliar place with a girl around 12 or 13 and a man that appeared to be in his 40's. They were just staring at me and I was on a couch in some type of cabin?

"Who are you? What's going on?" I asked with wide eyes.

"I'm Hopper, the chief of police and this is my daughter J-" the girl cut him off.

"El," she said.

"Well hi El and Hopper, but still what's going on?"

"I found you out in the woods, you were passed out," El explained, "and you had glass in your hand so I healed it."

"Thank you," I smiled looking at my bandages hand.

"Do you need a ride to school?" Hopper asked. I shook my head since l was still wearing my Halloween costume.

"I have some clothes that might fit you," El offered.

"Really? Thanks," I thanked her. I changed into something she had (picture at top) and Hopper drove me to school.

"Thanks Chief," I got out of his cop car.

"Anytime, kid," he drove off. I went to first period, Chemistry and sat next to Steve. We didn't have to do any work today so me and him just talked instead.

"Why did you just leave the party? I hope you know that I didn't even have a ride home," I scoffed at him.

"Well the reason I did that was because Nancy dumped me. She dumped me in the bathroom of a Halloween party and said that our relationship was bullshit and even when I told her I loved her she said it was bullshit," he looked like he was going to cry. Him saying he loved Nancy struck me with a pang of jealousy and I just looked down.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I said still looking down.

"It's fine, it's not a big deal."

*Mikes POV:*
Mr. Clarke's class was super boring, and Dustin wasn't in class and I was worried, what if he went missing like Will did last year? What if he's stuck in the Upside Down and we can't get him out?

"At the time, this was known as the American Crowbar Case. Although it wasn't a-" A kid burst through the door. It was Dustin.

"I am so sorry, Mr. Clarke," he said panting, "really, I'm sorry. Please continue with the class. Don't mind me. Really, continue, please. Thanks." I rolled my eyes and resumed listening to Mr. Clarke.

"We have to meet. All of us. At lunch, AV Club," Dustin whispered to me, Lucas, and Will.

"Why?" I asked.

"I have something that you won't believe," Dustin whispered.

"A.V. Club. Lunch," I heard Dustin whisper to someone.

"Dustin!" Mr. Clarke caught Dustin's attention.

"Yes, my lord?" Dustin asked.

"Would you care to join the class now?"

"Please, yes," Dustin told Mr. Clarke.

"The case of Phineas Gage." Mr. Clarke said.

"Phineas Gage," Dustin copied.

"Page 104."

"104. 104."

"Focus," Mr. Clarke said sternly.

"Focusing. Focusing." Dustin then went back to whispering A.V. Club to god knows who, and then put a thumbs up and smiled. Mr. Clarke went on to talk about how this dude used cuss words and stuff.