chapter seven: the bite (p1)

Y/n's POV:

"Ugh," I groaned as I finally awoke. I was in the back of some mini-motorized cart thing with Robin and Steve with Dustin and Erica in the front, Dustin driving of course.

"You guys alright back there?" Dustin turned and asked us. We groaned again as I rubbed my head and Dustin brushed it off. "They're fine."

And then I heard that damn alarm blaring again. I rolled my eyes, how many times do I have to hear this stupid alarm?

Dustin and Erica ran to the back of the cart and opened the doors, "Come on. We gotta go, now."

"Come on! Get out!" Erica urged while Dustin shouted a quick 'let's go!' It was like I wanted to move, but when I tried to it was like my legs didn't want to cooperate with my mind. This resulted in Dustin and Erica dragging the three of us out of the cart.

"Ow," Steve yelped, "We're coming."

"Here goes nothin'," Dustin entered the keycard into the elevator. I helped Steve get up and he gave me a quick thanks as the four of us stood behind Dustin. The elevator doors luckily opened and we all filtered in, thankful to be out of that weird hallway thing. As the elevator started to move, Steve and I had the bright idea to play around. Steve was on this thing that carried boxes and I was holding onto the handle, moving it back and forth so it looked like Steve was surfing or something.

"Haha, you look like you're surfing," I giggled and Robin, who was right at my side, cackled.

"Woah, tidal wave," Steve snorted. Dustin and Erica gave the three of us weird looks.

"They look like they're drunk," Erica turned to Dustin. In the background you could hear us three laughing, giggling, making weird wave noises, and Steve speaking in a weird surfer dude voice.

"Dustin gave Erica a weird look, "Why would they be drunk?" 

"I'm a natural, check it out!" Steve boasted.

"Yeah, a natural stander," I rolled my eyes, "I'm over here doing all the work!" Suddenly, Robin pushed the cart fast and then pulled it back quick, causing Steve to fall off. This made the two of us laugh obnoxiously. 

"WIPEOUT!" Robin shouted. We all started laughing, minus Dustin and Erica, and Dustin went to check on Steve. 

"He's burning up," Dustin said.

"You're burning up," Steve muttered.

"If that means he's hot then I agree," I interjected.

"No Y/n that is definitely not what I meant," He turned back to Steve, "One sec, one sec. Steve, Steve."

"God, no," Steve whined when Dustin begun to pull on his eyelids to check his eyes, "Ow!"

"His pupils are super dilated," Dustin said. 

"Maybe he's drugged?" Erica questioned.

"I read somewhere that dilated pupils means you love someone," I looked at Dustin and pointed at him, "That means he super loves you."

"Yeah, they're drugged," She confirmed. 

"Steve, are you drugged?" Dustin slapped his face.

"How many times, Dad?" Steve rolled his eyes, "I don't do drugs. It's only marijuana."

"Sweet," Robin and I muttered, then we turned to each other and asked each other, "you smoke?!"

"This isn't funny, okay," Dustin sighed in frustration, "I need to know what they did to you. Are you gonna die on us?"

"We all die, my strange little child friend," Robin said, "It's just a matter of how... and when." I thought about her words as they replayed in my head, we all die, well no shit. But why did I have such a bad feeling about it? Why did I feel like that sentence was going to be more relevant that any of us in that elevator were expecting? 

Dustin paused, "They're gonna be looking for us up there, so I need you to tell me where you parked your car."

"Oh, can we make a pit stop at the food court?" Steve said and my stomach rumbled. Food sounds nice. And water, oh water sounded amazing. I was so thirsty.

"I would kill for a hot dog on a stick," Robin exaggerated.

"I'd kill for some Chinese food, ugh," I rubbed my stomach, "I'm craving lo mein."

"All right, yeah, food," Dustin brushed it off, "Yeah, you can have as much food as you want, but only if you tell me where you parked your car."

"Uh oh," Steve said.

"Uh oh?" Dustin repeated.

"The car's off the board," Steve shook his head. Dustin gave him a questioning look. "They took the keys, the Russians, they took the keys. Like, forever ago." Robin and I had begun to laugh, why am I laughing? Why is this funny? It's not funny. But it totally is.

"That's a bummer, dude," I sucked my teeth. The elevator came to a stop and we were back at the top. Yes. We all exited the elevator into the fresh air and I inhaled that air like it was the Holy Grail. 

"Oh my god, that taste's so good," Robin laughed, "Steve, Y/n/n, can you taste the air!?"

"I taste it, I taste it!" Steve laughed and I put my hand in Steve's as we walked. He looked at me, smiled, and gave my hand a squeeze. 

"Stop!" Some Russian dudes came at us. My eyes widened and I started to run, shit. When will this end?