chapter eight: Papa

same outfit as the last chapter.
Y/n POV:

I was scrambling around Eddie's room trying to find a tape that Nancy would like, but there was only metal or rock music. Who would have guessed that the metalhead had nothing but metal?

Erica ran into the room, "Steve says you need to hurry!" Steve, I love you, but we are!

"Yeah? No shit!" Dustin shouted.

"We're trying. We can't find anything," Max said.

"Seriously, what is all this shit?" Robin yelled. Music, Robin. Just not Nancy's taste in music.

"What are you even looking for?" Eddie asked.

"Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beatles? Music! We need music!" Robin shouted as she dropped a bunch of cassettes.

Eddie picked up one of the tapes and yelled, "This is music!"

"Speaking of music, what happened to my Walkman?" I asked Eddie as I continued to look for any cassette that matched Nancy's music style. He stayed quiet, "Edward Munson, where did you put my Walkman?"

He scratched his head, "So, uh, about that... haha, uh. It's in Lover's Lake. I kinda, dropped it."

I paused and did a slow turn, "What did you say?"

I sighed as he replied, "It's in the lake. Pleasedon'tbemadatmeI'msosorry-"

"It's cool," I shrugged at him, "If Vecna kills me I'm coming after you first." He laughed at this as we continued to look for cassettes.

He then turned to me and whispered, "You know, I could always just play you music on my guitar if it really got bad."

I looked at him with a smile, "Only if you play Master of Puppets."

"Oh, really?" He stood there with his hands propped on his hips.

"Oh really," I copied his pose.

Eddie and I were broken out of our conversation when steve yelled out, "Guys! Nancy woke up! She's fine." Everyone ran to the opened gate as Nancy flopped onto the mattress. At least she wasn't dead.

.

It was the morning after all of the chaos that ensued, we all slept in Eddie's trailer. Nancy was explaining what she saw when under Vecna's control.

"He showed me things that haven't happened yet," Her voice was hoarse, "The most awful things. I saw a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire. Dead soldiers. And this... this giant creature with... a gaping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters. An army. And they were coming into Hawkins. Into our neighborhoods. Our homes. And then... he showed me my mom. And Holly. Mike. And they... they were all..." She trailed off with a shaky breath. I reached over to rub her shoulder in comfort.

"He's just trying to scare you," I shook my head, "To discourage you from figuring this all out. To discourage us all."

"Y/n's right," Steve said, "It's not real."

"Not yet," Nancy looked up, "But there... there was something else. He showed me gates. Four gates. Spreading across Hawkins And these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer, but... they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the Upside Down Hawkins. This was our Hawkins. Our home."

"Four gates," I looked over at Max.

"Four chimes," She finished. "Vecna's clock. It always chimes four times."

"I heard them, too," Nancy whispered.

"He was showing us what his plan was from the start," I bit my lip.