chapter five: Dig Dug (p1)

*currently what you are wearing because it at night and you were sleeping. Also in this chapter I will tell you why the necklace is so important and why you always wear it.*

*(Y/N) POV:*It was the middle of the night and I woke up to the sound of the phone I had on my wall ring

*(Y/N) POV:*
It was the middle of the night and I woke up to the sound of the phone I had on my wall ring. I picked up the phone and it was Mike.

"Hey I need you to meet me at Will's house ASAP," Mike rushed his words.

"Okay, but where does he live?" I asked the boy. He told me where he lived which wasn't too far from me, and with that I threw my hair up in (whatever hairstyle/left it down) and pulled my slippers on quickly before dashing to the Byers' residence. I knocked on the door quickly and a woman opened it.

"Hi I'm (Y/N) Hargrove, um Mike told me to meet him here, if I'm bothering you I'll leave," I turned around before the lady stopped me.

"Oh, no, no, you're fine, Will actually needed to talk to you and he told Mike to call you to get you here," she explained the situation, "and you can call me Joyce," she gave me a smile. I smiled back. She seemed nice. I walked through the front door and Mike walked me to Will's room where Will sat on his bed, staring at a wall.

"It's like... it's like I feel what the shadow monster's feeling," Will said, clearly sweatier than ever like he just ran a marathon, "see what he's seeing."

"Like in the Upside Down?" Mike asked.

"Some of him is there," Will said. "But some of him is here, too."

"Here, like, in this house?" I asked the small boy. (You mean smol boy. Okay that was cringy I'll stop.)

"In this house and...in me," he started crying. Mike sat next to Will on one side and I sat on the other.

"It's like... it's like he's reaching into Hawkins more and more," he explained. "And the more he spreads, the more connected to him I feel."

"And the more you see these now-memories," Mike said connecting the dots.

"At first I just felt it in the back of my head. I didn't even really know it was there. It's like when you have a dream...and you can't remember it unless you think really hard. It was like that. But now I remember. I remember all the time," Will said sweating bullets. I hugged him for a few seconds trying to comfort the 13 year old. Mike just stared at me while I hugged Will and then looked away once he saw me noticing his stare.

"Maybe... Maybe that's good," I tried to reassure the boy.

"Good?" He asked in disbelief.

"Just think about it Will. You're like a spy now. A super-spy. Spying on the shadow monster," Mike said. Spy, huh? Is that a good thing? Probably not but...so far with my experience nothing good happens in the small town of Hawkins.