chapter three: The Case of the Missing Lifeguard (p4)

(same outfit as last chapter)

Y/n's POV:

Robin and I were in the back of Scoops listening to the tape and re-reading the sentence over and over and over. The week is long. The silver cat feeds when blue meets yellow in the west. A trip to China sounds nice if you tread lightly. 

Robin looked over at me, "tread lightly?" I shrugged in response. What does any of this even mean? I put my head in my hands as someone knocked on the door. 

"Delivery for you," the delivery man handed Robin a signature sheet. I noticed his uniform had a small silver cat on the left side of his chest.

"Thanks," Robin signed the sheet. As she handed it back to him, I noticed that she had seen the same small decal that I had, and quirked her eyebrow at me as the man started to walk away.

"Silver cat," We spoke in unison. 

"Come on!" I grabbed her hand and dashed towards the exit of Scoops. Dustin and Steve had been walking towards the back of Scoops from their exciting expedition of 'finding Russians,' as we sped past them. They looked at us then at each other, then back at us.

"A trip to China sounds nice..." I looked around at the shops, "A trip to China.." Imperial Panda.

"If you tread lightly," Robin searched, "ding!" Kaufman Shoes.

"When blue meets yellow..." We both spun our heads, "in the West." 9 o'clock.

"Holy shit," I laughed, "we cracked the code."

Robin gasped with exaggeration, "we cracked the code."

"Y/n, Robin, what are you guys doing?" Steve inquired.

"WE CRACKED THE CODE!" We screeched. Dustin looked at us like we had two heads while Steve just shook his head.

"What do you mean you cracked the code?" I rolled my eyes.

"All we have to do is wait on the rooftops and look at the backdoor entrence between Imperial Panda and Kaufman shoes at 9 tonight to see what's going on with the Russians or whatever," I explained. Steve just nodded and we all walked back into Scoops. 

I sat with Robin in the back as Steve was in the front scooping ice cream. We were celebrating our mini-victory with complimentary ice cream that we were totally paying for and we were talking about our plan for figuring everything out. Everything was good until Robin asked the question again. 

"So, you know I don't like bothering you with this but I feel like he should know. When are you going to tell him?" I bit my lip and looked away.

"I might not ever tell him," I sighed, "I've been weighing my options and I might give them u p for adoption. Even with his help I don't think I'm mentally prepared to raise a baby."

Robin reached over and held my hand, "Hey, that's okay. I think you would make a great mom, but just know that if you stick by that decision or change it, I will always be here for you and so would Steve." I smiled at her and thanked her for her unconditional support, she was honestly one of the best friends I could have ever asked for. 

"Robin, Y/n, can you guys scoop now? I'm tired," Steve whined, we laughed and went to switch with him to finally, actually work. 

Oh hey, didn't see you there. Just a casual return, nothing to see here really. Okay but I will be finishing this season up and starting S4 because I'm tired of putting this on hold (plus my sister bullied me into finishing this story so yeah). Don't worry, I still have a passion for writing and writing this story, I just needed a long break. I have many, many things planned (including a possible spin off once Stranger Things is over). Also thank you to the ones who waited and to the new people reading this, it really means a lot and it really encourages me to continue writing. Love y'all <3 -Crixbabyy

Ahoy? | Steve Harrington On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara