chapter four: the sauna test (p1)

(once again, same outfit)

Y/n's POV:

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun," Dustin paused, "Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it." 

Robin said, "But there's gotta be a way in," to which I nodded in agreement.

"Well, you know..." Steve looked at all three of us, "I could just take him out."

"Take who out?"

"The Russian guard, duh." I snorted at this which caught the attention of Robin.

"He's been in like 3 fights and lost all of them," Dustin shook his head.

"Two, actually, but Y/n is right. He lost both," Steve scoffed.

"Nuh-uh, it was one and I almost won but the cops showed up," Dustin rolled his eyes.

"Jonathan and Billy, that's two," I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Wait you and Jonathan fought? And you lost?" Steve was the one to roll his eyes this time.\

"Well this time I could win. Besides I could just sneak up behind him, knock him out, take his keycard, boom easy."

"Uh no, not 'boom easy.' Did you not listen to the part where he has a gun?!" Dustin shouted.

"Yeah and a massive one at that," I pointed out and Robin snorted with a quick 'that's what she said.'  I smirked and high-fived her under the table. 

"Well, geniuses, that's why I would be sneaking," I pursed my lips together.

"Mhm, yeah, and when has sneaking ever worked in any of our favors?" Steve just stared blankly at me before sighing. There were a few minutes of silence before I noticed something. The vent.

"Uh, guys. What if we just had someone crawl through the vent?" I shrugged, "I mean, if there's a way in from the outside, there should be a way in from the inside."

Robin smiled, "That might just work!" Robin and I dashed to the counter where we took the majority of the money from the tip jar and headed towards the front of the shop. 

"Hey! Robin, Y/n what are you guys doing? Like 1/3 of that is mine," We turned to face him whilst still walking (now backwards) to exit.

"We need the cash," Robin stated.

"We're going to figure out a way to get into the room, and safely!" We turned again and ran towards the directory's office at the mall. We peered into the office, luckily the receptionist was in there and we swiftly made our way to her desk.

"Hello, Y/n and I need a.. uhm.." Robin looked at me. How do I word this so we can actually get the blueprint?

"We need a blueprint of Starcourt," I nodded, "and while that may seem odd, it is just for my, uh, stepmother! Yeah, she gets lost sometimes and has no idea where she is going. Haha," I gave a false smile to which Robin copied. The lady obnoxiously smacked her gum and rolled her eyes.

"Mhm," she looked away and continued to type on her computer. 

"Listen, we really need this," Robin dug through her pockets to retrieve the money, "We have approximately $20 right here and we need that blueprint."

"Whatever, hand over the cash and I'll get one for you," Robin gave her the money and she left into another room. We sat there in silence for a short amount of time before she came back and handed us the rolled up blueprint. We shouted our thanks to her as we ran back to Scoops. On our way back I sidetracked and made a sprint for the bathrooms.

I slammed a stall door open and puked. Robin, who was luckily right behind me, held my hair and rubbed my back soothingly. Once I was somewhat done I spoke.

"I think I'm gonna tell him." 

"Really? That's great! What made you decide?" She asked.

"I don't know," I shrugged, "maybe somewhere in my subconscious I just feel like being honest with him and confessing this will bring us closer together or something."

Robin smiled at me, "Hopefully it does, and if he has anything negative to say I can and will punch him." We laughed for a minute and then made our way back to Scoops.

"It is amazing what 20 bucks can get you at the directory office," Robin laid out the layout, "Starcourt Mall. Entire blueprint. All right here."

"Not bad," Dustin nodded.

"So, this is us, Scoops," Robin pointed to our location.

"And this, is where we want to get," I pointed. 

"I mean I don't really see a way in," Steve said.

"There's not." Robin nodded.

"If you're talking about doors, that is," I took off one of the sheets of paper and revealed the air duct paper.

"Air ducts," Dustin smiled.

"Exactly."

"Turns out, this secret room needs air just like any old room," Robin walked over to grab a marker from the mini whiteboard, "and these air ducts lead all the way... here." She traced a line from Scoops to The Room and circled it. We all looked up at the vent.

"Okay, so uh, who's fitting in there because it sure as hell is not me," I looked at the other three. 

part 1 of (possibly 3) done!