[ Chapter 29 ]

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

"Wel... come... home..."  Connie, sitting on his horse, stared wide eyed at the Titan. "Just now.. "

"Connie, hurry up! We're falling behind Gerger!" A loud voice was heard, Connie turning his head to meet the person. Reiner slowed his horse down, circling around him, with you on it as well.

"Reiner? [Y/N]? Did you hear that? The Titan..." Connie pointed towards the Titan on the roof of his house. You shook your head.

"I didn't hear anything at all... Enough with the chit-chat. Focus on the mission!" Reiner interrupted the shorter male harshly, his face turning serious.

"But I.. think.. I don't know how, but.. I think.. My mom..." Connie replied with trembling lips, his eyes shaking.

"Connie! Do you understand the situation we're in? Hundreds of thousands of lives depend on whether we complete this mission or not! Your family might have escaped, but its not over yet! If you're a soldier, put the mission first!" Reiner shouted in his face before taking off on his horse, with your horse attached.

●●●

It was dark. Very dark. Sun had set and now the only light the group had was the fire from the torches. You held one, that way Reiner wouldn't have to do it and could focus on riding on the horse if things were to go bad.

The mission you now had, was to inspect the walls for any holes. Until now, nothing was there to be seen. This was getting suspicious...

You felt the nervous breaths from the people in the Southern Squad around you. They were anxious, very much so. How many years were they in the Survey Corps again?

You blinked your eyes as you saw a tiny bit of light in the distance; that must've been the others, you guessed.

Nanaba, Christa, Ymir and a few other soldiers appeared on their horses and became visible to the others as well. A short moment of silence was shared.

"Did you follow the wall here, too?" Gerger, the leader of your group, asked Nanaba. She replied a little unsure. "Yeah... Where did you find the hole?"

"Huh?" Was his only reply. Nanaba elaborated for a bit. "We didn't find anything to the west. Didn't you find it your way?"

"No.. there no hole this way either.." The man said, confusion riddling his voice.

The female soldier from your group chimed in. "Is it possible we missed it?"

"No way.. Not a hole big enough for Titans to use." Another soldier shot down that possibility. You came to think; no holes in the wall itself, Connie saying he heard a Titan speak.. Were those Titans actual people from within the wall?