[ Chapter 02 ]

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

You woke up shivering in a tall tree. You had a weird dream, but you couldn't remember it. With just a few hours of sleep, you jumped down the tree branch.

You grabbed your cloak which you washed by a pond to the best of your abilities and put it on. You already lost your Survey Corps jacket so you didn't want to leave anything else behind. It was just a stupid mistake.

You rubbed the sleep from your eyes, focusing on the now light blue sky. A few little clouds blocking it. You put on your 3DMG which you borrowed from a corpse and tightened the straps around your thighs.

Zipping through the trees, you found the end of the forest. It was hard to miss, since there was a straight path to it. You landed on one of the tallest trees, climbing all the way to the top to look where you were.

And far far far away, you could make out the outlines of a wall: Wall Maria. Fuck, why hadn't you seen that earlier? Maybe it was because you travelled in the night the day before, you must have looked past it.

Adrenaline was running through your veins as you made it down to the ground, your feet touching the grass. You could see a Titan close to you and you shot your grapple in its shoulder before killing it off quickly, you didn't have time for this.

You ran, as fast as possible. Ignoring all the handsy little shits, you avoided there huge hands which were trying to find something to snack on. Not today.

The closer you come to the massive structure, you see something. Something you never imagined ever seeing. A huge hole in the wall. How was that possible? When you were younger you learnt that the walls were sacred and untouchable, the reason why people from the underground was never allowed to go there.

You shot you grappling hooks in the wall, climbing all the way to the top with the little gas you had left. Once you sat step on it, you could feel hope rise in you again. Levi, Farlan, Isabel! Maybe you would be able to see them again after all!

You took a look around you. "Which district is this again?" You said to yourself, taking the sight in front of you in. Houses were destroyed, boulders all around the streets; it was a wreckage. "God, never thought I would be relieved to see something that is like a cage to mankind".

The slight tapping of your boots meeting the stone filled your ears. You dropped your now empty 3DMG, the weight would make it harder for you to run.

After a while, you saw wall Maria, yet again, the gate destroyed. "Hm, interesting. Only through the gates, huh?" You commented out loud.

The sun had started to set, but the fire within you was yet to be extinguished, so you kept walking.

You saw lights flickering in the distance, probably torches. That meant civilization! You saw a few soldiers of the Garrison that were on guard and you waved your hands. "Oi!" You called out to them.