[ Chapter 30 ]

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

"Ymir!" Christa yelled as you pulled her away before you fell to your knees. Pain built up in your chest as you clenched your fist above your heart.

"Is this for real? Is Ymir a Titan, too?" Connie asked as he was riddled with confusion, staring down at Ymir's Titan form which was biting out napes of the normal ones.

Reiner and Berthold froze. "Th-that Titan is..." Reiner began. ".. from that day.."

The young boy with a buzz cut turned around to see you hunched over. He ran over to you in a hurry. "Shit, [Y/N]! Are you alright?" He asked you, wrapping an arm around your shoulder.

You pushed his arm away, standing up. The dull ache still apparent but tolerable. "I.. I'm alright.." You said softly, joining the rest of the group on the edge with Connie.

The tower shook as a Titan was pushed into it by Ymir. You stopped Christa from falling down as it shook again. "Christa.. Did you know? That Ymir is a Titan?" Reiner asked the poor girl. She looked down at the Titan Shifter again. "I had no idea.. how could this be? That Titan is Ymir?"

You stayed silent, peering over at the amount of Titans outside. "That's not our biggest problem... Ymir doesn't seem that experienced and there are too many Titans for her to handle.." Christa bit her lip as you said that.

Technically, you could all try to escape by climbing down the tower, since Ymir is distracting the dumb beasts. You didn't say anything though, the loyalty between these comrades is something not to be underestimated.

"In other words, she knew some of the secrets of our world.." Reiner said, his eyes dark and serious. "And I never suspected a thing."

"Hey.. do you think she's known about it? Eren's a Titan, too, but he didn't know until it happened. But Ymir is like.. she is aware of being a Titan all along." Connie said to the four of you. "Probably, since she asked for a knife specifically. She knew what she had to do, doesn't seem like a coincidence to me.." You replied, folding your arms. The heavy pressure on your chest disappeared as you stared down at Ymir. She was something else.. not just like any other Titan Shifter. You were sure of that.

Christa looked at the both of you. "Are you saying she might be an enemy of humanity?"

Connie shrugged. "I'm saying that's one hell of a power to hide. Who knows what she might have been thinking.." you nodded, it was a bit strange. She always wanted to hide, she was strong enough to be in the top 10 yet she held back and made sure that no research would be done about her. She wanted to start a new life? Had criminal activities? Or did she never exist before she turned up within the walls? It could be many different cases and your mind went into overdrive.