[ Chapter 41 ]

☆☆☆

Before you could even say anything to answer Hange's loaded question, Mikasa jumped at you with vicious murder in her dark eyes. Both her hands wrapped around your neck within milliseconds, pushing you down on your back on the hard surface of the wooden bench of the cart.

You landed on your back harshly, your head hitting the seat roughly causing you to hiss, totally unexpectant of the girl's attack.

"What did you see?!" She seemed to swallow a lump in her throat before she shouted at you, her eyes revealing her inner turmoil and distress. You didn't do anything except stare up at her with no emotion.

Levi stood up threateningly, ripping her off of you aggressively with a brutal glare and throwing her back in her seat. The glare that you had only ever seen when you two were still in the Underground evident in his dark eyes.

You ran the pads of your fingers over the sensitive spots on your neck, knowing that'd heal in a few, your head leaning back as a sigh escaped your parted lips. "Jesus Christ, Levi. Leave the girl alone." You rasped out as you pushed yourself to sit up from where you just were being choked, glancing at Mikasa who now looked down in shame.

An awkward silence surrounded the five of you, Armin looking at you specifically with curiosity from over his shoulder. You could never guess what the teen was thinking, Armin being much smarter than his appearance would let on. Levi sat down again after the incident, his arms folded over his chest. Mikasa had taken her seat as well.

You were the one to break the silence. You had your head on your right hand, sighing in frustration. "Mikasa?" You asked her, the girl looking at you without a response, the look of guilt in her dark eyes. "Did- When did Eren's father disappear? He disappeared before the fall, no?"

The black-haired girl stared at you in surprise, her eyes slightly widened, the feeling of shame and guilt replaced by utter shock.

The cart took a weird turn as Armin stuttered. "E-Eren's dad? Grisha Jaeger?" You nodded your head. "Yeah, him. That guy."

Hange and Levi looked at each other, your brother quirking an eyebrow.

Mikasa held her red scarf to her mouth, hiding behind it like she usually did. "Yeah, a few hours before the fall," She said quietly and you blinked.

If Titans needed to eat a Titanshifter to become a Titanshifter themselves, would it have the same results if that Titan was a shifter as well? Then that Titan you saw in your vision must have been the one and only Grisha Jaeger. That would explain why Eren suddenly had another power-