[ Chapter 22 ]

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

The pain you felt was immense, something you never felt before. You didn't know whether you wanted to cry, scream or hide. It felt like someone ripped your heart out of your body. Levi wasn't willing to talk to you now, so what will?

"Big brother will always be there for you" Was that a lie? Were you never going to get your brother back? You felt like dying, or drowning. Like you were suffocating. All that pain, yet, never did you blame him. You couldn't.

Surviving beyond the wall was unheard of and yet you show up? That must've been quite the surprise for him, or for anyone that matter.

"Hey [Y/N] I heard loud noises, what was that about?" Armin popped up out of nowhere. You continued walking as he kept up with you. " 'S nothing, just Captain being himself I guess." You answered.

Armin's eyes softened. He knew how much Levi meant to you, he could see it in your eyes. He was always such a fan of the Survey Corps because they went outside the walls and he heard all about Humanity's Strongest. He was cold and ruthless, so it was quite unexpected to hear he had a sister. Many said he turned cold because of her death yet those were all allegations. Armin shot you an apologetic look. "I'm sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what it feels like, being without your family for so long and they don't even want to see you."

You shared a comfortable silence as your boots collided with the floor with each step. Armin was a very nice person, even you could see that and you more than often see only bad in people. He was smart, passionate and loyal, you could appreciate that about him. He may not be the strongest but there's a reason why he's still alive. "What about you?" You asked him softly, staring down the hallways. "Eh, what do you mean?" The blonde boy looked at you confused.

"What about your family?" You played with the edge of you glove on your [Right/Left] hand. "Oh" he said. "Well they're gone, my parents long before the fall of my hometown, my grandpa a bit after..." He said sadly, his blue eyes full of grief.

You hummed. "You got your name from your grandpa right?" His eyes lit up excitedly. "Yes! Did you remember that?" He smiled at the memory of the first day of training in the 104th squad. "Look, I may look like a bitch but I listen and observe." You said, remembering some words from others about you from your days as a trainee.

"Well my grandpa raised me for the most part, I miss him a lot.. but luckily I still have my grandpa's book about the outs-" He rambled on before cutting himself of. "Outside world huh? Is that why you joined the Survey Corps?"

"For the most part yeah, I know it sounds stupid but-!"

"It's not stupid, Armin. It's completely fine to have dreams and goals, it makes you fight even harder." You responded softly.