[ Chapter 27 ]

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

The mission was stopped and deemed failed as Levi was filling up his tanks and refilling his blades like he was ordered to do so by Commander Erwin. After hearing rumbling from multiple titan transformations, he headed towards where the sounds came from.

Together with the cadet Mikasa, more like he did, they saved Eren from the female titan. His heart squeezed when he realised that his squad was no where to be seen.

He landed on the ground in the forest with a grim expression on his face and went on a journey to find at least a trace of where his squad members could be, whether they would be dead or alive.

Levi's face turned even more grim when he saw bloody and dirtied corpses on the ground, his fist balling up in anger towards himself. If he just disobeyed Erwin's orders, just maybe he could've changed the outcome.

Petra, Oluo, Eld and Gunther all dead and glassy eyed. Levi's eyes turned dark as he swallowed thickly. Yet again, he lost the people he cared about and his heart broke into even smaller pieces. He kneeled next to them, removing the patches from their Survey Corps jackets and put them in his pocket. He would collect them later and give them a proper burial they deserved.

One body stuck out like a sore thumb, as it was a bit farther away from the rest. His eyes focused on it as he walked closer. Your unconscious bloodied body, sprawled out limbs and your hair mess. Levi's breath hitched in his throat, falling next to your body as his eyes widened in panick. "(Y- (Y/N)?" The wall he built up, trying to keep his lost sister out of his mind, was crumbling down once and for all.

_________________________________________

You woke up with a gasp, pain filling up your body from the sudden movement. You hissed softly, a frown plastered on your face as you try to sit up and move your legs a bit.

You noticed your moves were strained by something on the bed, more like someone: Levi. He was sleeping softly, his light breathing filling the silent hospital room.

Your eyes widened, memories from the expedition came flooding back. The Levi-squad and Eren, all dead and you were too weak to stop it from happening. Tears filled up your eyes as you stared at your brother, your monotone facade faltering just a tad. Your head fell in your hands as they clawed at your roots. Shit! Shit! Shit!

"I'm so sorry Levi! I... I failed as your sister, again!" You wailed out softly, thinking the person you called out to didn't hear it.

A gentle hand pet your head as you stopped what you were doing, looking up to Levi. Your sounds stopped but the tears were still there, your eyes scanning his expression. It was.. grim, full of sadness yet there was just a tiny bit of relief. "Oi brat.."

You shook your head and wiped away your tears aggressively. Suddenly you were embraced, arms wrapping around your body as you were pressed against Levi's body. "It isn't your fault, (Y/N).. don't blame yourself. I heard what you did from the titan brat, thank you." He spoke softly to you, running a pale hand through your hair.