[ Chapter 08 ]

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

"Alright trainees, today is a very important day. Squad Leader Zoë from the Survey Corps is here to evaluate your skills with me! Give it your all or I'll beat you up!" Keith yelled while Hanji appeared next to him.

Eren chatted happily with Armin about the Survey Corps, because one of their heroes is today with them.

"Search a partner, because we are going to do hand-to-hand combat" Keiths' boomed over the trainings ground.

You sat under a tree just off the training grounds, bored out of your mind. From this position you could see all the trainees participating in combat training.

Everybody searched for their friends to partner up. While everybody had their partner, you had no one to train with. Not that you needed training.

Every time Shadis announced the training would be focused of combat, everyone forgot about you.

Hanji looked around the trainees who were sparring. They were searching for someone, they were searching for you. Then they saw you sit under a tree while everyone was training. "Eh?" They ruffled their own brown hair. Are you bad at hand combat or something?

The Squad Leader walked over to the tree and sat next to you. "Why aren't you training?" Hanji asked you.

"Why should I, they just forget about me. Not that I need training anyways.." You answered truthfully. Hanji squealed. "Yeah I saw you yesterday! You were so cool!"

You stood up and dusted yourself off before holding out your hand to the Survey Corps member.

Hanji's face flushed as they took your hand and got up as well. "Why did you ask?" You stared up at them.

"Just curious" Hanji replied, putting their hands in their pocket. "After all, you had the highest score yesterday."

A voice called out to you which caused you to almost groan. "Hey, girl with the black hair. Do you want to be my partner?" Jean walked up to you, asking you confidently.

"Sure, why not?" You said in your monotone voice, while walking to the field were the other trainees were training with each other.

Hanji had talked to Jean earlier when he was sparring with Marco. They called out to him. "Hey Jean, what's her name?"

Jean shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, she doesn't share too much of herself."

The Squad Leader nodded their head. "Alright, thanks Jean" After that, Jean rushed over to where you were.

You waited for Jean to arrive, your foot tapping on the ground impatiently. When Jean finally came, Hanji came too, just so that they could watch you up close.

You clicked your tongue, and got into position. Jean did the same thing. He looked like he was cascading, but by looking at his stance you could see what he was trying to do. So you waited for him to strike first.

The younger boy leaped towards you, throwing a punch right at your face. Exactly how you had predicted. You turned around him, so he was technically punching the air. You gave him a kick to the back which made him fall the ground with an 'oof' sound. He hissed out in pain as he got back up on shaky legs.

"Come on now, you wanted to fight. " you taunted him as you smirked a little. He grit his teeth as he glared at you. "Damn you!" He tried to launch another punch which you blocked with your forearm. And again. And again.

You were getting bored by this fight. Jean was panting by now, never getting the upper hand. "Fuck you man.." he groaned. He charged forward again, this time wanting to sweep your legs from underneath you. Before he could, you kicked him in the side, hard.

He fell to the ground again, only to hit his head on the sand. And he passed out. You clicked your tongue. You tried to touch him with your boot, trying to see if he was still awake or not.

"What did you do?" Marco, a sweet boy who was friends with Jean, asked you as soon as he saw the boy bot moving on the ground.

"I only kicked him. He was being confident, I thought he could handle more." You said, shrugging it off and leaving to go to your dorms.

Hanji watched the whole fight, and their jaw was dropped to the floor. They were entranced by you.

Hanji grabbed onto Marco shoulder. "Come on, let's go get him to the infirmary"

☆☆☆