Tiny Inventor ~ ShinMei

Hey everyone! First off thank you all for 6k reads on this story! If you haven't already make sure to check out my other works! 

Requested by: marcileen2

Big! Shinsou Little! Mei

Summary: After a stressful day of working in the support gear shop, Mei finds herself slipping into little space and needing Shinsou. What happens when Shinsou runs into an unexpected visitor? 

🌺 🌸 🌹🌺 🌸 🌹🌺 🌸 🌹🌺 🌸 🌹🌺 🌸 🌹🌺 🌸 🌹🌺 🌸 🌹🌺 🌸 🌹🌺 🌸 🌹

      Loud bangs echoed inside the support gear shop as multiple students hammered at their creations. Most of them kept to their own workshop area, all except Ms. Mei Hastume. She ran around the shop grabbing spare scraps from other students as she tried to complete her new creation. The other students and instructors didn't mind much as the scraps were meant to be thrown away anyway so they let Mei use whatever she wanted. 

       The pink-haired girl wipes the sweat from her brow as she looks at her new creation. She smiles taking a step back before flipping a switch. The machine begins to power up as other students take notice of the massive invention. 

        "Come on baby number 498, you can do it." She whispers quietly to herself as she watches the creation take its first step. She admires her work taking a step around to the back to look at the wiring carefully. 

         Before she can completely turn off the machine and label it as a success the creation begins to convulse and swing its arms around nearly hitting a student. 

         "Turn that off right now before someone gets hurt!" The instructor says as the creation makes another swing the opposite way hitting the wall. 

          Mei rushes to the switch and flicks it to the off position but the machine continues to move. "It's not turning off!"She yells as it moves again. Tears prick her eyes as she realizes that the only way to make it stop is to pull out the wiring that she had worked weeks on previously to complete. She pushes her hands into the mechanism and pulls at the wiring as it begins to snap left and right. Finally after nearly pulling every strand of wire out the machine stops moving. 

           The class looks at her as she bows her head in embarrassment. She pushes the machine over to the failure pile that just seemed to keep growing. The instructor sighs bringing his hand to his face as he looks around at the gear shop. 

           "Alright, I think that's enough excitement today. Let's go ahead and end the class early. Feel free to stay if you want but otherwise you may go do as you please." The instructor says before grabbing his teaching materials and leaving. Most of the students leave the room immediately except for Mei who is stuck at her workshop struggling to even think straight. 

           Her stress levels were high due to the number of assignments given in the support course and having to stay big constantly was starting to take a major toll on her. She tried her best but as she looks at the failure pile tears well up in her eyes and before she can make them disappear she begins sobbing and slipping into her little space. 

          She rushes to grab her cellphone from her bag as she dials the one person she trusts with her being in little space. The phone rings a few times before someone answers. 

          "Mei what's up, you don't usually call during the day." Shinsou saying a soft tone. Suddenly he hears the quiet sniffles and whimpers on the other side of the phone.