Regrets and Healing - Aoyama x Mina

Edited by: Lanee91
Pairing was decided by a lovely discord member!
Big! Aoyama Little! Mina
Summary: Aoyama tries to help Mina with taking care of herself after the loss of a family member.
WARNING: MENTIONS OF DEATH, DEPRESSION AND REGRET
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The sun was bright as it's rays cascaded down onto the UA High School campus, where students were outside enjoying their days away from the classroom. It was a Saturday and everyone had plans for the day. Some planned to stay in the dorms and play video games while others chose to go out on the town and go shopping with their best friends.
    Everyone was cheerful, which meant no one really noticed when a certain student was missing from the fun. Mina Ashido was alone in her dorm room with a pile of blankets and pillows surrounding her. She looked at her phone noticing a few missed calls and text messages from a few of her friends but she simply rolled over not wanting to look at them.
    Her room that was usually full of cheer, seemed to be dark and dull as the curtains blocked out any light. She wasn't sure how long it had been since the day she got the news that her little brother had died. Since she found out she hasn't left the room, not even to go to the funeral.
    Some might have found that realization harsh but for her, she didn't want to remember her last moments of her brother being in a casket. Instead she mourned the loss of him through laying in bed, staring at the ceiling and thinking about all of the memories she had with him.
    More often than not, she would sit there thinking of the many regrets she had. She would think about the times she yelled at him, called him annoying or ignored him when all he wanted to do was play board games with her. Yet now, it was too late to make it up to him, and that's what hurt her the most.
    Mina listens to the laughter and joy that could be heard from outside as she covers her face with a blanket. Suddenly, a knock is heard at her door which causes her head to pop up for a moment before she decides to ignore it and hide under the blanket again.
    The knocking continues before a deep sigh is heard from the other side. Footsteps could be heard walking away as Mina sighs in relief. Her eyes begin to close so she can take another nap as the doorknob and lock begin to shift and move.
    Suddenly, the door opens and Aoyama is seen standing there with Aizawa next to him.
    "Thank you sir, I'll take it from here." The blonde says as the teacher turns to walk away. Aoyama walks into the room pinching his nose a bit due to the stench and odor that floats around in the room.
    "What are you doing here?" Mina asks in a harsh and hoarse voice. This was the first time that she had spoken to anyone, causing her voice to be nearly gone.
    "Call it a small intervention if you will, darling. I know you've been through a lot and I can't possibly imagine what you are going through." Aoyama says, sitting on the edge of the bed. "What I do know is that you are completely being the opposite of your usual self. I want to help fix that."
Aoyama stands up and turns on the light causing Mina to whine and whimper at the harsh light. "First of all we are going to get some light back into your life even if it's physical light." He then goes to the curtain opening that up as well.
Mina covers her eyes as tears begin to fall again as she sits up wanting him to go
away.  Aoyama then begins to grab the blankets from the bed making Mina have to stand up as he gathers the awful smelling sheets. He places them into a basket and shoves them out the door. Moments later Kirishima walks by and grabs the basket before taking it down the hall towards the laundry room.
    "Now, when was the last time you took a bath or a shower?" He asks to which Mina shrugs slightly. "Exactly, now let's get you into the bath. I'll start running the water, you can pick what pajamas you want to wear, okay?"
    Aoyama exits into the bathroom as Mina looks towards her dresser. She pulls out a small pajama set and fresh underwear as she sits back on her bed looking disheveled and shaken up. The blonde soon returns, pointing towards the bathroom.
    The two had a close friendship, which was nice when it came to situations like this because they trusted one another completely and knew everything about each other. Mina follows him into the bathroom where a soft bubble bath has been created with a pink bath bomb that creates sweet smells.
    Aoyama helps the girl undress and sits her in the tub. He looks at her hair realizing how matted and tangled it was. He sighs, walking towards her bathroom cabinets before grabbing a few combs and brushes as well as some detangling spray.
    Mina hadn't been taken care of in so long so her mind began to grow a little fuzzy as her little headspace began to crawl up on her.
    Aoyama begins to work on detangling her hair without hurting her as Mina rubs her body with soap. They sit in comfortable silence as they both do their jobs to create a happier environment for Mina.
    "I'm really sorry you have to do this. It's just I-"
    "Don't feel like you need to explain yourself to me. Especially right now. I'm here as your friend who loves and cares about you." Aoyama says, rubbing her hair with shampoo and conditioner as they fall back into a comfortable silence.
    A few minutes go by as Aoyama is rinsing her hair again. "I miss him a lot." The pink haired girl says all of a sudden. The other just nods as he prepares to listen to his friend.
    "You always think that since you're the older sibling, that you were going to die before them. So in a way, you would never have to feel the loss of losing a sibling. It hurts so bad." Her voice cracks a bit as Aoyama places a gentle hand on her shoulder. Her mindset continues to grow fuzzy as she regresses further.
    "I should've played all the games he wanted to play and I shouldn't have called him annoying. He wasn't annoying, he was my little brother." Her voice gives out as more tears continue to fall. Aoyama rubs her shoulder trying to relieve some of the tension in her body.
    She goes silent as her eyes gloss over from all the tears and emotions. Aoyama stays silent, knowing that she didn't need advice right now, what she needed was to get everything off her chest. He leans down and begins to drain the tub as he grabs a towel for her.
    He helps her out of the bath and helps her get dressed as the tears continue to fall. They walk back into the bedroom to find a new set of blankets and sheets on her bed and a small cart of snacks.
    The two of them begin to sit on the bed as her voice croaks out quietly. "I missed the funeral. I missed the last time that I could've apologized and said goodbye."
    She wraps her hands around Aoyama begging for a hug as he returns the gesture. He rubs her back as she continues to cry loudly, causing her body to shake with every sob.
    "There's still a chance to do all of those things, little Mina. We will figure it out together. If you want to have your own memorial service for him here, even if it's just you and I, we will do it, okay?" He says as he looks at the broken girl in front of him.
    He grabs a stuffed toy from her bed and hands it to her as she holds onto it tightly. The tears begin to slow down as Aoyama grabs the cart of food and brings it over. He offers her some snacks as she smiles a bit.
    For the rest of the day, the two watched Mina's favorite movies and ate tons of snacks in hopes of helping the little one regain her strength.
    A few days later, Aoyama held a small service for Mina's brother where the entire body of Class 1-A and a few students from other classes came to pay their respects. During the service Aoyama leaned over and whispered softly in Mina's ear.
    "You don't have to fight this battle alone."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry there wasn't much littlespace in this one! Remember if you ever need someone to talk to, my dms are always open!
Join the discord server if you haven't already!
~ TeddyBumble