Shy Little Mouse - DabiHawks

Hey! So as promised here is one of the one-shot scenarios that was voted on earlier! I plan to do all of them at some point but I'll start with this one for now!

Quick thank you to @2_many_fandoms_cos for voting! 

Also, picture isn't mine I just thought it was cute!

Summary: Hawks comes home from a very stressful day at work with Endeavor. Dabi knows exactly what to do to help the birdman relax. 

⚠️ Some cuss words ⚠️ 

     Dabi sat up on the couch watching a scary movie on Netflix as he gave out a loud sigh. He turns his head to the side a bit looking at the clock on the wall realizing it was a lot later than he thought. 

      "Shit, the old man is probably working him late." He mutters to himself as he stands up and brushes the invisible dust off of his jeans. He pulls his phone from his back pocket sending a quick message to Hawks. 

"Be safe coming home okay little mouse?" 

       After sending the text message Dabi decides to change the Netflix account over to the Kids category before walking quietly into the kitchen. He pulls out a tray and begins to sift through the freezer trying to find a certain meal. 

       THUD

        Dabi quickly turns around at the noise and sees a bundle of feathers crouched on the floor. The older of the two rushes over and kneels down to try and talk with the other. 

       "Was it a hard day?" He asks softly as Hawks rolls over placing his head in Dabi's lap. Hawks gives out a muffled answer and Dabi chuckles. "Hey, hey I can't understand you when you talk into my legs silly." He gives another laugh as he puts his hands under Hawks armpits so he could be picked up easier. 

        "My wings hurt. . ." The smaller of the two mumbles out looking into Dabi's eyes. 

         "Awe baby, did you use them too much?" 

         "Yeah. . ." The little whimpers out. Dabi could tell that the other was regressing to a smaller age and rather quickly. 

         Dabi picks up Hawks completely putting him onto his hip as he begins to sway back and forth. He guides the little to the couch and grabs the remote before scanning the list of shows and movies on Netflix. "Well, how about you watch some cartoons while I go make us some dinner?" He says softly finding a show called Molang. "How about you watch the cute little bunny?" 

       Dabi sits the little down taking off their jacket before beginning to leave. Hawks quickly grabs the hem of the older's shirt tugging it. "No go, watch too?" He says slurring a bit as his mind gets fuzzy. 

        "No baby I have to make dinner okay?" With that response, the little lets out a long whine. 

       "No, you no go! Please?" Hawks pouts as the intro to the show begins to play. 

      "Baby, you have to be good and let me do make dinner okay? You wanna know what we are having?" He says in hopes of maybe creating a minor bribe for the baby bird. 

       "No want you to stay here and give me hugs please?" Hawks says making grabbing motions towards Dabi. This melts the caregiver's heart for a moment before picking the little guy up again. He gives him a tight hug and begins to give small kisses all over his face. 

        "Hey stop it!" Hawks giggles trying to push Dabi away as the older continues to cover the smaller one in kisses. Dabi returns a small pout and stops looking away. 

       "My little baby is just being so demanding. I just wanted to give him little kisses but he doesn't want them. I guess I have to eat the chicken nuggets by myself." Dabi says in a dramatic and obviously kidding tone. 

        Hawks gasps and quickly grabs Dabi's face in return. "No, no sad! I give kisses back!" He exclaims before giving Dabi a million kisses all over his face making the older one laugh. He stops as Dabi smiles, "So can have chicken nuggies too, please? Hungry. . ." 

       "Of course baby, but I have to make them first, so will you behave and sit on the couch while Daddy finishes dinner?" He says gently setting the little down. Hawks begin to nod and crosses his arms before giving a small smile. 

       "I promise! Can have blankie? One with birdies and mouses?" He asks giving a begging look. Dabi smiles and quickly rushes to the bedroom to get the blanket and comes back. He gently wraps the blanket around the littles shoulders giving Hawks a small kiss on the top of his head. 

        Dabi walks into the kitchen and begins to look at the food while listening to his little sing and giggle happily. He smiles to himself, "How did I get so god damn lucky?" he questions. 

~ Itty bitty time skip ~ 

         Once the food is finished, Dabi puts it onto plates, his being normal while he uses a mickey mouse shaped plate for Hawks. He brings it out realizing how quiet the room is. He notices Hawks is nearly asleep and chuckles once more to himself. He sits down carefully next to the little and shakes him softly. 

        "Baby bird dinner is ready. Daddy hates waking you up after a long day but you need to eat okay?" He says softly placing his own plate on the table in front of them. No response comes from Hawks as Dabi sighs. "Baby bird~," He says again softly before picking up a chicken nugget. He shakes it a bit in front of Hawk's face waiting to see what would happen. 

        Hawks begins to sniff the air before sleepily opening his mouth and accepting the food. Dabi smiles and continues to feed the half-asleep little until the plate is empty. "Good boy," He says softly picking the nugget lover up. 

        Dabi carries Hawks carefully into their bedroom where he proceeds to change him into comfy pajamas. After getting the little into his matching fries and chicken sleepwear, Dabi lays him in bed tucking him in gently before changing himself. 

        The caregiver cuddles up close to the little one wrapping his arms around his waist. He smiles into Hawk's neck as he gives a few soft kisses that tickle the little one. As Dabi begins to fall asleep his stomach erupts into loud rumbles causing the little to shift in his sleep. 

        "Your tummy is angry daddy," he says softly turning around. Dabi thinks for a moment remembering the fact that he left his plate of food on the table. He sighs chuckling a bit and brushes a hand through his partner's hair. He knew he was hungry and hadn't eaten but he couldn't bring himself to leave his other half's side. 

         "Oh didn't you know, my tummy is actually very hungry. Do you know what the tummy monster likes to eat?" He says in a mischievous voice. 

         Hawk's eyes shoot open as he begins to try and pull away. 

         "Little boy's giggles!" Dabi says beginning to tickle Hawks. The little squeals and tries to pull away but soon realizes he is trapped. "Gimmie all your adorable giggles! Feed my tummy!" 

          "No!" Hawks squeals and rolls over falling off the bed with a large THUD. 

           Dabi instantly stops realizing what just happened."Uh oh." 

            A large sob erupts from the little's lips as Dabi sighs putting his head in his hands. "I should have just went to bed." 

Word Count: 1244 words

Hey everyone! I hope you liked it! I wasn't quite sure how I wanted it to end but I hope that this chapter was cute enough for everyone!

Don't forget to request stuff!

~ TeddyBumble