Coming to Terms - BakuDeku

Edited by: Lanee91

Requested by: 1478860ani

Big! Deku Little! Bakugo

Summary: Deku and Bakugo get into an argument after a scary phone call from Mistuki.

WARNING: ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, ANGST, ABUSIVE PARENTAL FIGURE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The commons area in the dorm building at UA High School was bustling with loud noises from students laughing to music playing and even the sounds of students quarreling with one another to see who has the superior quirk. This, to many, was a normal weekend for the students as this place had become their home away from home.

The students of Class 1-A gathered around the television in the main room as a video game tournament occurred between the classmates. They yelled and cheered as their friends fought one another in the game all for the winning prize of bragging rights, a possible cake that Sato had baked earlier in the day.

Bakugo sat close to Midoriya as his peers played the video game. He was feeling a bit stressed due to the last training session he had with Kirishima and Shoji but he was trying his best not to regress fully.

Although the two often bickered, mainly due to Bakugo, they had a caring relationship to where the blonde could regress and feel safe in the custody of his caregiver Midoryia. There was only ever one thing that made it difficult to take care of Kastuki for Midoryia and that just so happened to be the little boy's mother.

Since the two boys have known each other for years, it's a given that they both know the family history that each of them had to grow up with. In Bakugo's case, it was full of abusive actions by his mother, yet he didn't see the problem and instead said that his mother showed 'tough love'.

As the class continued to play their games, Katsuki's phone went off making him stand up quickly and soon he exited the room realizing who was calling him. Midoryia waited for a few moments before following the blonde to the new location as if knowing that the conversation he was having was unpleasant.

"I'm sorry mom, I forgot. I'll come home next weekend though I promise." Bakugo's voice cracks as he realizes that he had forgotten about the family dinner he was supposed to attend. "I can't leave even if I asked mom. I didn't turn in my form to leave the campus.You know how strict they are about those now."

Bakugo sighs, taking the phone away from his ear and placing the call on speakerphone so he could pace in a small circle with his head down.

"If you hadn't been so goddamn weak then the villains wouldn't have captured you and this wouldn't be happening now would it?" Mitsuki says over the phone causing tears to form in the blonde's eyes. "Do you realize how your mistake is affecting everyone around you? You are keeping your peers away from their families. It is your fault."

Midoryia winces from behind the wall as he frowns at the words coming from the boy's mother. He continues to listen, knowing that getting involved would just stress Bakugo out even more.

"I'm sorry mother, I know it's my fault. I will go speak with Mr. Aizawa right now to see if I can come home. I'll just admit that I made a mistake, I'm sure if I reason with him I can make it work." Bakugo says, rubbing a hand across his face in a stressed manner.

"You'd better, or don't even think about contacting the household in the future. We don't accept failures and bums in this house." Mitsuki says before immediately hanging up the phone.