Dinner Time - ShigaDabi

I hope everyone enjoys this cute oneshot! Thanks for all of the love and support!

Edited by: Lanee91

Requested by: ShyJiya

Big! Dabi Little! Shigaraki

Summary: Dabi makes Shigaraki a homemade dinner. What happens when the little one wants to help?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Soft giggles fill the empty corners of the small apartment as the daytime sun becomes replaced with the night time moon. The squeaky voices of cartoon animals played loudly from the television set in a rotative manner as every episode essentially consisted of the same material just recycled.

     A boy with light blue hair sits upon the ground with toys in his hands as he makes sound effects while hitting the toys onto things surrounding him. He smiles wickedly as his caregiver watches from the side with a similar grin on his face.

    Dabi looks towards his watch, noticing the time before entering the kitchen. He knew that Shigaraki would be fine on his own for a while and if he needed anything, he was big enough to come to the kitchen on his own.

    Usually, their meals were ones found in the frozen aisle or ones that came straight from a box, but for some reason, tonight Dabi wanted to make something from scratch. He was never one to feel domesticated but since becoming Shigaraki's caregiver, he has wanted nothing more but to keep that playful smile on his little boy's face.

    The caregiver pulls out some pots and pans as he begins to heat up the oven. He looks around the kitchen as he pulls materials from the cabinet and refrigerator quickly. He wasn't sure yet what he wanted to make but he knew that as long as he had ingredients, he could make something.

     Small footsteps echo down the hall as Shigaraki curiously walks towards the kitchen, wondering what all the noise was. He peers his head in and watches as Dabi moves from place to place. The little one stands there to watch, realizing that in a funny way, Dabi constantly had his back to him.

     He giggles softly as he sticks out his tongue and makes faces at his caregiver before quickly stopping when hearing his voice. "Little one, I know you're making faces at me. Can I help you with anything?" The caregiver asks.

    Shigaraki looks down at his feet as he sheepishly hides his face behind his jacket sleeve. "Nuh uh, just wanted to know whatcha doing."

   "What does it look like I'm doing, dear?" Dabi asks as he fills a pot up with water.

    Shigaraki squints his eyes a bit before having an idea. "You're preparing to have a water fight! I wanna play too!" He says rushing to grab a bowl and fill it with water. Before he can splash it on his caregiver, the bowl is taken away from him and he pouts.

    "Ha ha very funny, I'm making us dinner like I do every night." Dabi says, pouring the water from the bowl into the sink. "Now you can either sit at the table and wait or you can go back and play with your toys for a bit longer."

    Shigaraki pouts a bit before looking around at all the ingredients. "Why is there so much stuff? What's the pot for? What's this?" He says beginning to touch everything. He then finally makes his way to the freezer opening it up to grab a microwavable meal. "We eat this for dinner, why you lying?"

    Dabi chuckles a bit while putting spices into the pot. "Baby, I'm making us dinner from scratch, I thought you would like it since we don't have home cooked food often."