Fixing Mistakes ~ BakuDeku

Edited by: Lanee91

Requested by: 

Big! Bakugo Little! Deku

Summary: After their major fight, Deku regresses out of stress.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stars were bright the night Bakugo and Midoriya had their major fight that disrupted the sleep of their teacher Aizawa. The two were sparring one another in an attempt to both let out frustration as well as prove that they were on equal ground in terms of combat.

After the two were talked to about their behavior and given their punishments, the boys were left alone to think by themselves. Bakugo sat on one side of the room while Midoriya sat opposite him with head down low in his hands.

Hot tears roll down the green haired boy's face as small sobs make their way out of his mouth, causing the blonde to roll his eyes a bit.

"There's no need to cry over this Deku, the punishments weren't even that bad so stop it." He says, slightly shoving the upset boy. This causes Midoriya to cry even harder as he rubs his eyes.

"Seriously there's no reason to get so bent out of shape so knock it off!" Bakugo says in an angered tone

"I can't help it!" Midoriya screams, standing up and grabbing his hair with balled fists. "I can't process anything that's happened tonight and I just can't think straight!"

Bakugo flinches a bit, surprised by the boy's raise of voice. The blonde sits back down, watching as the younger of the two begins to pace back and forth as tears continue to fall.

A small part of Bakugo's heart aches a bit seeing the other one so upset but he shakes it off. "What do you mean you can't process?" He asks in confusion, causing the boy to stop and stare at him.

"You've been dealing with all of these emotions by yourself Kacchan! Why? Weren't we best friends at one point?" He says in a broken tone as more tears continue to fall and hit his t-shirt creating small spots from the moisture.

"Yeah when we were younger, a lot has changed since then Deku." Bakugo is still confused by the statement and words coming out of the boy's mouth.

"Why did they change? Why?" Deku says, raising his voice again as it cracks at the end. "Why did you start hating me?"

"I don't hate you -" Bakugo starts.

"Lies! You're lying! Ever since you got that quirk you just treated me like gum on your foot! Do you realize how bad that makes a person feel? You told me to jump off the building." Midoriya says as he brings his knees up to his chest as he rocks back and forth, trying to push away his headspace that was crawling up quickly in an attempt to protect him.

Bakugo stands there with his mouth agape as small minimal tears make their way to the edges of his eyes. "I didn't mean it." He says softly, causing the other to look up in surprise.

"Then why?" The green haired boy says in a whisper.

"I don't know." Bakugo says, looking away before sighing. "But I now realize how wrong I was and I think part of me realized how terrible I was back then."

There's a silence between the two as Midoriya bites the the nail of his thumb as his body shakes slightly from his labored breathing. He looks up and his eyes meet the blondes before he laughs a bit.

"Then there's me, I've always cherished you and I couldn't even see how hurt you were. You were struggling like I did all those years yet I didn't even notice." He says to which Bakugo interrupts him.

"That's not your fault."

"But it is, I could have done something, but I didn't." Midoriya says as his voice begins to raise in pitch as his headspace slowly takes over. He puts his thumb into his mouth as the tears begin to slow down a bit.

Bakugo observes the situation as he notices the new childish mannerism that the little boy was displaying. He walks over, putting an arm around the boy before bringing him into a huge hug. "We both made mistakes but realizing them is the first step to fixing things."

The gesture and words that the blonde creates causes the other to lose full control of his emotions as he sobs loudly hugging his friend back tightly.

The two stand there as they both cry, one more than the other. After a few minutes, they pull apart and Bakugo takes note of the pure and sad eyes that Midoriya gives off. The green haired boy yawns as he leans his head onto the older one's shoulder.

Bakugo takes a moment to think before picking up the little one and placing him on his hip. "I'm sorry you had to find this coping mechanism as a way to forget the memories that I created for you." The blonde mumbles as he sways the boy back and forth.

After a few minutes, Midoriya begins to snore, to which Bakugo decides to take him back to his dorm room. He makes the long walk and once he arrives he places the little one onto his bed. Midoriya wiggles and cuddles into the blankets as Bakugo watches from a safe distance.

He puts a gentle hand to the little one's head as he sighs sadly. He caresses the boy's face as he whispers softly. "I'll protect you from the bad memories and I promise to only make positive ones with you from now on. This won't fix what I've done but I hope that together we can overcome both of our inner demons."

The little one's hand comes up out of the blanket causing the older boy to jump as he grabs his hand. He lays next to Midoriya pulling him into another hug as they both lay there wanting nothing more than to fix their past by creating a better future.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this! It was short but cute and impactful in my opinion!

Join the server if you haven't already!

~ TeddyBumble