Short Circuit Baby ~ KamiSero

This is dedicated to my best friend! 

Summary: When Kaminari short circuits after a difficult training session, Jiro's usually funny jokes go too far causing Kaminari to slip. 

     Large sweat drops make their way down Kaminari's face. Today was the final training session before the hero licensing exam and Kaminari didn't feel prepared at all. He was feeling limited on the abilities of his electricity and was feeling as if maybe he wasn't cut out for the hero route in life. 

      "Kaminari, let's go, this is the last time I'm gonna ask you. Use your full power, no holding back." Mr. Aizawa's voice rang out across the field as the other classmates watched. Everyone else shows their potential, they were cleared to leave and rest for the test tomorrow but Kaminari was still holding back. 

     "Yeah yeah I got it Sensei." He mumbled taking in a deep breath. He could feel the sparks coursing through his body as he raised both of his hands. All he had to do was focus but everything was so overwhelming. 

     "We don't have all day Kaminari, Class 1-B needs to use the training area next. You have 5 minutes." Aizawa spoke out again. 

     All of his classmates had eyes on him causing his body to shake in anxiety. Some of his classmates felt bad for the human Pikachu while others were tired and wanted to go home. Sero watched him curiously but deep down he was also concerned that maybe Kaminari was overworking himself. "Come on little Pika, just one more time and you're all done." He mumbled to himself. 

     Kaminari takes a deep breath and begins to let out his most powerful move. The electricity begins to move quickly and once it hits the target the room is illuminated in light. The classmates watch in amazement before it quickly ends. Smoke from the destruction of the target fills the room making it hard for anyone to see. 

      The classmates look and wait as Kaminari slowly begins to emerge from the smoke. His thumbs are brought out and his eyes are having trouble focusing as he begins to babble nonsense. He seems to be in his own world but it doesn't mean he can't hear what was being said about him. 

     "Wow, that was his best move yet! He's definitely going to pass tomorrow!" Midoryia exclaims jumping up in excitement. 

     "I wouldn't be so sure about that dude." A voice speaks out causing heads to turn. Jiro sits listening to music as she looks up. "What? It's just the truth." She says casually. 

     "Well, why wouldn't he pass, he's so powerful. You saw that move right?" Mina says cocking her head to the side. 

      "Duh, I saw the move, but are you guys not seeing the end result? He's a blubbering mess! What kind of hero can't control their own powers." She says scoffing at the faces given to her. "What hero has "duh huh huh" as their superhero phrase." 

     The class looks at Jiro and it seems like no one knows how to reply. Silence is heard throughout the room and Sero looks over to Aizawa to see how he is responding to what Jiro is saying yet to no surprise the teacher was asleep on the floor. 

     "You know Jiro, your jokes are usually funny but for some reason, this just doesn't sit well with me," Todoroki says softly before standing up and leaving. 

      "Oh come on, if Kaminari wasn't being all dumb mode right now, he would definitely find it funny." She says giving a small laugh. "You guys obviously just don't know him as I do." 

     "He wouldn't find it funny Jiro. You're going too far." Sero says sternly. "He cares about being a hero and obviously you don't know him well if you're willing to joke about it. 

      Jiro rolls her eyes before standing up and pointing towards the training field. "I said what I said, Kaminari is just a dumb vessel of electricity and he will forever be known as the hero who can't even think straight and goes dumb mode whenever he tries to be a hero." She does Kaminari's signature double thumbs up pose before scoffing. "I'm going back to my dorm, I'll see you tomorrow, maybe then you guys can take a joke." 

      She leaves the training room with all the classmates looking at each other. 

      "Sero can you take care of Kaminari for the time being?" Kirishima asks. 

       "Of course, go ahead guys, we will see you at dinner," Sero replies as the classmates begin to file out of the room. Aizawa wakes up and follows out not even noticing Sero. 

      Sero sits back down and places his hands in his head as he waits for Kaminari. He thinks about the way Jiro was acting. Was it really a joke to her? Did she not realize how hurtful she was being.

     "Kaminari not a hero?" A soft voice echoes out causing Sero to look up. The human Pikachu is sitting with his arms around his knees. 

      Sero gasps lightly making his way down to Kaminari. Once he's on the ground with the little one, Sero wraps his arms around him. "No Kaminari is definitely a hero." 

      "But Jiro say I'm too dumb to be hero. She's right. . ." He trails off looking at the ground as tears begin to fall. 

      "Jiro was just trying to joke and she wasn't being funny, I know that baby. How much did you hear little pika?" Sero asks petting Kaminari's hair.

      "She say I not pass tomorrow and that my phrase is 'duh huh huh'. I don't mean to be stupid papa, it just happen when I use power sometimes." Kami says with a small whimper leaving his lips. 

       Sero sighs and pulls his best friend into his lap. He knew that when Kaminari was little, it just meant he was a lot more fragile. "Baby I know, she was just being mean. You're gonna pass tomorrow I promise. And you aren't stupid okay? Papa never wants to hear you say that about yourself again okay?" He says softly. 

      Kaminari stays silent making Sero put his fingers under the little ones chin making him look up. "Promise papa that you won't believe mean jokes and that you will always love yourself okay?" 

      "Promise." He mumbles out. 

      "What do you promise baby." Sero says calmly. 

       "I promise not to believe the meanie heads and that I love myself even when it hard." Kaminari mumbles again. 

        "Good job baby how about we go back to your dorm and watch some anime. I can make cookies if you want." 

        The mention of cookies gets Kaminari's attention as he smiles happily. "Yes please! Papa carry Kami home? Please?" 

       "Well since you used such good manners, how could I say no?" Sero says before standing both of them up and placing Kami on his hip. 

        The two begin to walk home with Kaminari sucking on his thumb lightly almost asleep. Sero sways a little as he walks and mentally reminds himself to grab Kaminari's paci later. 

       The two make it back to Kaminari's room and spend the night making food, watching movies, and doing whatever would make the little one smile. 

Hopefully, this is super cute and angsty! Don't forget to request stuff!