Nightmares - KiriBaku

Synopsis: What happens when a large storm hits the UA dorms and scares little Bakugo into his headspace? What will he do? Where will he go? 

    The night was calm at first, the wind blew softly and the trees swayed as if they were dancing to a slow song. Most of UA's students were fast asleep, while some stayed up past curfew to play video games, video call their friends, or simply to enjoy the peace and quiet that endured when all the quirk filled teens were down for the night. 

    Bakugo was the ladder of the group, he laid upon his bed staring at his ceiling. A nightlight stuffed animal spun colorful images around his room of candy, bears, and rainbows. He found himself in soft teddy bear pajama pants with a long sleeve shirt. His arms held a white bear that he called Theodore and occasionally he squeezed the beat letting out soft sighs and hums of happiness. This was his nightly routine. 

    One thing that many people didn't know about the young Bakugo was that he made the "strong and arrogant" facade up just so people wouldn't know how vulnerable he really is. He likes to feel small because there is no pressure and the most stressful thing to happen is his TV loses connection and he can't finish watching his episode of Paw Patrol that he has seen already. 

    After what felt like hours for the small boy, Bakugo was finally able to fall asleep. His right arm clutching his teddy bear while his left arm came up so he could stick his thumb inside his mouth.

    It's wasn't too long after he fell asleep that Bakugo started to shift and turn quickly. Small whimpers left his mouth and big tears began to roll down his cheeks. After moments of struggle, the little's eyes shot open looking around at the dorm room. As if things weren't already scary enough, a loud crash of lightning lit up the room with large thunder rumbling afterward. 

    The little boy's breath hitched as more tears began to well and spill over the brim of his eyes and he began to sob profusely. He shoved his face into his bear hoping to muffle out his crying in fear of waking someone up. 

    In the room next door Kirishima laid awake playing on his phone. He smiles hearing the rain hit the pavement outside his window, this was his favorite kind of weather. He scrolled through Twitter for a bit before hearing a noise from the other side of the wall. He places his phone onto the nightstand next to his bed before leaning his head up against the wall listening carefully. It was then that he understood what he was hearing. Bakugo was crying. 

     He sat there for a few minutes in curiosity, he had never witnessed the strong Bakugo cry before so something must seriously be wrong. With that in mind, Kirishima put on a pair of pants and made his way out into the hallway and next door to hopefully check on his best friend. 

    He knocked at the door carefully, not wanting to alarm any of the other students that may still be up. 

    "Hey, Bakubro you okay?" 

    There was silence as Kirishima waited for an answer. He reaches for the doorknob and tries to jiggle it but to his surprise, it was unlocked. He carefully opens the door not wanting to scare his best friend. He enters the room quietly and closes the door behind him. 

    As soon as he walks into the room Bakugo freezes in his spot. He begins to panic and tries to pull himself from his headspace but everything was just so scary to the little one. 

    "What doing in here Shitty Hairs?" He begins to stammer out. He grumbles to himself quietly at the fact that he can't even make full sentences. 

     "I heard you crying about my room. I just wanted to check on you." Kirishima replies. This is when Kirishima notices the rotating light that has images spread out across the room. "Wow, this light thing is super cool dude. Where'd you get it?"