Rainy Day ~ DabiHawks

Hey everyone! I hope you all are having a great night/day!

Requested by: sauthtyrolian

Big! Dabi Little! Hawks 

Summary: What happens when Hawks falls into headspace while on patrol? Who will he call and what will they do? 

UNEDITED

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      The chill breeze of the autumn air circulates throughout the city as night begins to fall. Children who were once laughing are now entering their homes preparing for dinner as the city streets lights begin to be the only light source illuminating the town. 

       Hawks sighs as his feathers ruffle a bit due to the chilliness. He wraps his coat around him tighter as he leans on a building. Thankfully the crime rate has fallen recently in his patrol area so there wasn't much for the dirty blonde haired man to do during his shift. 

       During the day he mainly people watched or met with fans who swarmed him left in right, the downside of being such a young popular hero. 

       A hand makes its way through his hair as he eyes both sides of the street before crossing. It was extremely empty outside as the autumn season was soon preparing for winter. 

      The man walked down the street with both hands in his pockets as he eyed the various building that were vacant with no lights on inside. The empty buildings reminded the hero of empty crab shells that were once full of life but now bare and dark. 

       "Mommy! Can we please get the toy from the shop before they close? Pretty please!" A small child wails out as they pull their parent to the store that appeared to be closing. 

       "Sarah I don't have enough money for that toy right now, also the store is closing. We need to go home. It's not good to be out this late alone." The mother says pulling the daughter away from the shop. The child cries as they point towards a bear that sits inside of the shop on display for the front window. 

       "But mommy!" The kid cries as the two disappear down a street a block down from the store. Hawks nears the store looking at the toy curiously. The bear had incredibly soft fur from what he could tell. It reminded him of his teddy bear at home. 

        The more he thought about it, the more he wished he could just leave his shift early considering there seemed to be no issues in the area he patrolled around. The store manager begins to walk out of the door looking at the hero. 

        "Oh Mr. Hawks! Were you interested in buying something? I can check you out something if that's the case. It's really no bother." The employee says looking at the hero who seemed to be in a trance. 

         "The teddy bear please." Hawks says softly reaching into his pocket to locate his wallet. 

        "No worries about the cash sir, a simple teddy bear as a gift of my gratitude for you keeping this area safe is something I would be honored to do." The clerk says rushing into the shop. 

        Hawks watches as the teddy bear disappears from the window moments later to be handed to the hero. He smiles softly before thanking the man quickly before walking away. He plays with the ears gently as he looks at the store tag that's attached to the bear. He carefully removes the tag tossing it into a trash can as he admires it once again. "I'm sure that tag was uncomfortable wasn't it." He says softly.